Windows 10: Question on downloading/running an app

Discus and support Question on downloading/running an app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to listen to a podcast app on my laptop vs through my phone. When I open it up on the LT it says installed and the device (my phone) that it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quarterafter10, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Question on downloading/running an app

I want to listen to a podcast app on my laptop vs through my phone. When I open it up on the LT it says installed and the device (my phone) that it's installed to but I can't do anything else with it. It won't open.

I've uninstalled it from my phone to see if I could just install and run it from my LT only but it still shows downloaded (to my phone) when I bring it up in the play store. I even uninstalled "My Phone" on my phone to see if that would help and it didn't. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Quarterafter10
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quarterafter10, Aug 12, 2020

2. Apps from the Windows Store is stuck at "starting download" and shows "service registration is missing or corrupt" on running the apps troubleshooter on Windows 10.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for keeping us updated on the above issue.

Please reply to a few questions for understanding the issue better:

• Did you perform the steps suggested in the above posts?
    • Are you getting any error message/error code on trying to download the app?

If haven’t tried, perform the steps suggested in the above posts and check if either of the methods will help in resolving the issue.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions for further assistance, we will be happy to help you. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Shuyin03 Win User
    New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Question on downloading/running an app

downloading apps

Hi George,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to understand the issue better, could you let me know

1. Operating system and edition of operating system you are using?
    2. From where you are trying to download apps?

However you can try following steps to if you are using Microsoft store to download apps.

Step 1 :

1. Open RUN box by pressing
      windows + R
      button on the keyboard.
    2. Then type WSReset.exe and click on
      OK.
    3. Try to logging in to store with your Microsoft account.
    4. Try downloading the apps.

Step 2:

1. Search for command prompt on
      Cortana
      search bar.
    2. Right click on command prompt and click on
      run as administrator.
    3. Type below command and press enter.

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

The above command will take some time and I would suggest you to wait until the process completes.

To know the edition of operating system,

1. Right click on This PC and click on
      Properties.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Question on downloading/running an app

1. Question on downloading/running an app - Similar Threads - Question downloading running

2. download of MSRT question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download of MSRT question: 'Pause' setting in updates is now set at 12/25/2020. Among updates listed as ready are v 2004, which I don't want and the 'malicious software removal tool' KB45890830 which I DO want installed. If I use the standalone MSRT to install it will it affect the remaining updates...
  3. download folder question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    download folder question: In my download folder, the files are sorted by creation/modification date but not by download date. My question is: is there a way to see the downloads folder sorted by date of download? I'm waiting for your answers. Greetings. submitted by /u/Yehoren [link] [comments]...
  4. Question about app downloaded from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Question about app downloaded from Microsoft Store: I can't open this app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-app-downloaded-from-microsoft-store/29adad86-0dcc-490e-b951-3e8e5d0eba19
  5. download question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    download question: I download something, and then the owner of the file deletes or changes it, will my downloaded file also get deleted or changed? submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j977fn/download_question/
  6. download question

in Windows 10 Customization
    download question: I am simply looking for the link to download microsoft works. I have windows 10. apparantly thias is too great a challenge for microsoft's customer service. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated....
  7. When trying to Run: %temp% I get question what app to run.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When trying to Run: %temp% I get question what app to run.....: ...In past files opened and i could Clear temp. Know i get question what app to use. Does anyone know how i can fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-trying-to-run-temp-i-get-question-what-app-to/3604324e-b700-48a9-8039-4c847ba5f140"
  8. Downloading and running google apps on windows pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading and running google apps on windows pc: Can google apps or other apps (typically found on phones) be downloaded and run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-and-running-google-apps-on-windows-pc/7bde23b4-1c66-487a-9838-50bf179e655e"
  9. apps not running after downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps not running after downloaded: i recently got this pc gifted to me and everything works up until I go to run an application from the Microsoft store. any help would be appreciated . thanks....
  10. QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ?: Q. Which features are available in the Sandboxie paid version? Sandboxie - FAQ Licensing Two features: 1. "Force" programs: Automatically run programs under Sandboxie even when they are not started directly through Sandboxie. Programs can be "forced" by name...