Windows 10: question on home screen images

Discus and support question on home screen images in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A question and not a problem, I have two laptops normally located in different locations in my home. Both have a different use as well as the different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnL007-909, Apr 17, 2021.

1. question on home screen images

A question and not a problem, I have two laptops normally located in different locations in my home. Both have a different use as well as the different image as the home screen. Of those two images; one displays a picture composed of photos of the same subject while the other is a slideshow of different photos. On occasion both laptops, both running windows 10 will be next to each other and both powered on and operating for about 30 minutes.

Now for the question, it does not happen every time the above situation occurs but sometimes following when the two laptops have been next to each other, the home screen image of one will change to the home screen image of the other.

Bluetooth is enabled on both and may the method for communication between the two laptops but why does such a change happen without human action related to personalization?

:)

JohnL007-909, Apr 17, 2021

2. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 17, 2021
  4. question on home screen images

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

question on home screen images

1. question on home screen images - Similar Threads - question home screen

2. Saved images showing up on home screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saved images showing up on home screen: Hello, I recently noticed that whenver i saved an image from google searches, They showed up on the home screen. I want to turn this off since on a different version of my computer, I didn't have this same problem. How do i fix this without deleting them? image below shows...
  3. Saved images showing up on home screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved images showing up on home screen: Hello, I recently noticed that whenver i saved an image from google searches, They showed up on the home screen. I want to turn this off since on a different version of my computer, I didn't have this same problem. How do i fix this without deleting them? image below shows...
  4. Saved images showing up on home screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ghost Image on Home Screen

Ghost Image on Home Screen: A long time ago I apparently added a calendar app that displayed on my home screen. After "removing" it a gray, ghost image remained that I was unable to delete. It remains active, displaying the date. I have not been able to identify its source in settings including...
  6. Spotlight images question

Spotlight images question: Did MS change something with the way Spotlight images are handled? I use to be able to access the image files using Winaero so I could save the images in a special directory. Now, even though new images appear on the screen the files don't appear on the PC using Winaero, or...
  7. Question about imaging

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about imaging: Admittedly I am very lax on doing an image. I did a macrium one prob over a year ago and it took a long time to do my c: (SSD 400 gigs) and f: drive (mechanical HD 2 TB). Lack of spare time stops me doing it. My question is would you guys bother imaging your secondary drive....
  8. System Image question

System Image question: I want to make a system image, but to get to the option to make one I have to go into Backup and Restore (Windows 7). My Previous OS was Win7 but I deleted the .old folder left behind, will there be any issues if I make the image here regardless if it says windows 7 or...
  9. System Image Question

System Image Question: When I go make a system image in Windows 10 and I am at the window "Which drives do you want to include in the backup" I see that EFI System is selected, OS (C) (System) is selected and also WINRETOOLS (system) is selected. There is also a RECOVERY (l) but it is NOT selected....
  10. Backup/Image question

Backup/Image question: Hello, For a new laptop with NVMe 256GB and an internal HDD 2TB, was wondering what the best way is to make a backup of OS partitions so that if needed, just copy over the partitions and be done with it. I have moved Users folder to another partition so I currently have:...