Windows 10: Question on microphone/headphone combo

Discus and support Question on microphone/headphone combo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My niece bought me a microphone/headphone combination for my pc, but after I put in a new motherboard and windows 10 the microphone plug doesn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by debgram, Sep 23, 2016.

1. debgram Win User

Question on microphone/headphone combo

My niece bought me a microphone/headphone combination for my pc, but after I put in a new motherboard and windows 10 the microphone plug doesn't work on my front of the case, but it will work on the one in the back. Problem is the green headphone can't be used because the speakers are plugged into the green plug slot. Is there an extension or something that I can plug into the green headphone jack and be able to reach the headphones plug on my speakers? I really don't feel like getting on my knees each time I want to use the headphones because I would have to unplug the pink for microphone and be able to reach the green headphones plug.

:)

debgram, Sep 23, 2016

2. Enable Built-in Microphone even if earphones (without mic) is plugged in combo jack

It has only one jack for both microphone and headphones; Combo Jack.

Platinum Primus, Sep 23, 2016
  3. sultancs Win User
    Microphone not working with Windows 10

Thanks. I am using a SoMic Stereo Dynamic Headphone/Microphone Combo SH-2688

sultancs, Sep 23, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Try playing with these settings:

Question on microphone/headphone combo [​IMG]

CountMike, Sep 23, 2016
  5. debgram Win User
    No that doesn't work either, says my mic isn't plugged into the pink plug in front.

debgram, Sep 23, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Just thinking out loud.. do you have all of the front panel connectors plugged into the motherboard properly??

BunnyJ, Sep 23, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    Yes that and if it's HD or AC97 which doesn't have plug sensors ?

CountMike, Sep 23, 2016
  8. debgram Win User

I found an extension on ebay for the headset part, I'll keep the microphone plugged in back and the extension on the headphone to reach the plug on the speakers.

debgram, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Question on microphone/headphone combo - Similar Threads - Question microphone headphone

2. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones as microphones: My headphones are recognised microphones after replugging. I accidentally clicked microphones on this popup and pressed "do not show dialog again" , what is this popup and how do i get it back?...
  3. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones as microphones: My headphones are recognised microphones after replugging. I accidentally clicked microphones on this popup and pressed "do not show dialog again" , what is this popup and how do i get it back?...
  4. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphone/Mic combo aren't working

Headphone/Mic combo aren't working: I have a headset, it has two adapters, but one is a headphone jack, and the other is a USB jack, it didn't pick up the USB for either sound or microphone, it doesn't show any sign of even being inputted, so i bought an adapter to convert it to a headphone jack, it now picks...
  6. Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone

Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone: So, I got a Kingtop 3.5mm combo adapter, and it said it was compatible with gaming headsets. I tried it out, and the headphones are working fine. Except the microphone. Instead of my headset microphone, it uses my laptop microphone. And my laptop mic is not good. So I need...
  7. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  8. Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

Combo headphone jack does not detect mic: So, I have a laptop with a single headphone jack, and it has the little symbol with both an headphone and a mic. I have bought a V-moda boom pro mic. The microphone is integrated in the cable, and the tip that goes in the jack has four "parts", as it should be. The...
  9. Microphone not working with combo audio jack

Microphone not working with combo audio jack: My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...