Windows 10: Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

Discus and support Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zeekstern, Sep 30, 2020.

1. zeekstern Win User

Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop" path in Win Explorer to bring the Properties window up and it is also missing there.
    There is a great Tutorial on how to correct this problem, but it may need to be modified. It says to set the dword "PropertyBag" to 0 or 1. I am missing the PropertyBag entry. Do I create it first and then set the dword value? I am hesitant in changing the Registry unless I know the change is correct. If I do create it first, then I suggest that the tutorial be changed to include the fact that it needs to be created if missing.
    Thanks
    Zeek
    Windows 10, Win Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508)

:)

zeekstern, Sep 30, 2020

2. Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the Customize tab missing from properties menu.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform the below registry changes. Before proceeding, please create a restore point before performing the steps to be on the safer side, refer this article to

create a restore point

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Press Windows + R key to launch
      Run
      command.
    2. Type regedit and click OK.
    3. Navigate to this location: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Directory \ shellex \ PropertySheetHandlers
    4. Check if this particular key is present:
      {ef43ecfe-2ab9-4632-bf21-58909dd177f0}
    5. If it’s present, then check if there is any space or incorrect character in the key.
    6. Then right click on it and delete. If the key is missing, then proceed with step 6 to create a key
    7. Then right click PropertySheetHandlers and select
      New, then click on Key.
    8. Copy and paste the key
      {ef43ecfe-2ab9-4632-bf21-58909dd177f0},
      then press enter.
    9. Close the registry and check the folder properties menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Missing Sharing Tab in Folder Properties on Windows10

H Roshan,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in folder settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Is the issue occurring with all the folder?
    • Have you tried to create a new folder and checked its properties?

I suggest you to create a new folder on the computer and check its properties for Share tab.

Also I recommend you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back to us with an update on issue with missing folder properties, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

Sharing tab missing in Folder Properties on Windows 10

When right clicking on any folder and selecting properties, the tab "Sharing" is missing.

Things I have tried:

• Checking "Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended)" in Folder Options
    • Enabling Network discovery and Sharing in Network settings
    • Clicking Share at the top and selecting "Advanced Sharing Options"
    None of these have worked.

JacktheSmack, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

1. Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial - Similar Threads - Question Missing Customize

2. Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?: Recently I have been attempting to change the icon for a game from the default application icon to a more fitting image. I got the icon ready and adjusted to the right file type. Except when I went into the properties tab to adjust it the customize tab was missing...
  3. Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?: Recently I have been attempting to change the icon for a game from the default application icon to a more fitting image. I got the icon ready and adjusted to the right file type. Except when I went into the properties tab to adjust it the customize tab was missing...
  4. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348:On one PC, when I display the properties sheet for a folder, only two tabs appear: "General" and "Previous Versions", instead of "General", "Sharing", "Security", "Previous Versions", and "Customize". I have attached screen shots to...
  5. Why am I missing the "Customize" tab in the application properties?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why am I missing the "Customize" tab in the application properties?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jack-whese [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqgxsr/why_am_i_missing_the_customize_tab_in_the/
  6. Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial: I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop" path in Win Explorer to bring the Properties window up and it is also missing there. There is a great Tutorial on how to correct...
  7. Missing securities tab in properties folder of drive(D)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing securities tab in properties folder of drive(D): Hello. I needed to disable read only option on a mounted ISO file. It said I did not have access. To sideline this, I need the securities tab, which is not available for the drive in properties folder. It’s available on everything else, including the C drive. File system is...
  8. Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties: i wanted to change the icon of a folder in Windows 10 Pro but when i go to the folder'sProperties i didn't found the "Customize" tab like in the past. This only happens with Folders, i don't have the problem with shortcuts here's a picture of a recently created folder's...
  9. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  10. Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows How to Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows The Customize tab in the properties of a folder or non-OS drive allows you to change the folder icons if a supported option for the...