Windows 10: Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

Discus and support Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zeekstern, Oct 28, 2020.

1. zeekstern Win User

Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop" path in Win Explorer to bring the Properties window up and it is also missing there.
    There is a great Tutorial on how to correct this problem, but it may need to be modified. It says to set the dword "PropertyBag" to 0 or 1. I am missing the PropertyBag entry. Do I create it first and then set the dword value? I am hesitant in changing the Registry unless I know the change is correct. If I do create it first, then I suggest that the tutorial be changed to include the fact that it needs to be created if missing.
    Thanks
    Zeek
    Windows 10, Win Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508)

:)

zeekstern, Oct 28, 2020
  2. zeekstern Win User

I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop" path in Win Explorer to bring the Properties window up and it is also missing there.
    There is a great Tutorial on how to correct this problem, but it may need to be modified. It says to set the dword "PropertyBag" to 0 or 1. I am missing the PropertyBag entry. Do I create it first and then set the dword value? I am hesitant in changing the Registry unless I know the change is correct. If I do create it first, then I suggest that the tutorial be changed to include the fact that it needs to be created if missing.
    Thanks
    Zeek
    Windows 10, Win Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508)

zeekstern, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User

Hello Zeek, *Smile

If you meant from the tutorial below, then it doesn't include a "PropertyBag" value. Please post back with a link to the tutorial you are referencing if not the one below.

Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows

In addition, you could also use one of the other options in the tutorial below to change the icon of the Desktop folder if needed.

Change or Restore Desktop Folder Icon in Windows

Brink, Oct 28, 2020
  4. zeekstern Win User

Thanks for the quick reply Brink. The URL is
    Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows
    It is in the Here's How section:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{B4BFCC3A-DB2C-424C-B029-7FE99A87C641}\PropertyBag

I took a quick look at the other link you posted but I will need more time to figure out what I'm looking at.Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial :)) I will take a closer look later on today.

zeekstern, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial - Similar Threads - Question Missing Customize

2. Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?: Recently I have been attempting to change the icon for a game from the default application icon to a more fitting image. I got the icon ready and adjusted to the right file type. Except when I went into the properties tab to adjust it the customize tab was missing...
  3. Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?: Recently I have been attempting to change the icon for a game from the default application icon to a more fitting image. I got the icon ready and adjusted to the right file type. Except when I went into the properties tab to adjust it the customize tab was missing...
  4. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348:On one PC, when I display the properties sheet for a folder, only two tabs appear: "General" and "Previous Versions", instead of "General", "Sharing", "Security", "Previous Versions", and "Customize". I have attached screen shots to...
  5. Why am I missing the "Customize" tab in the application properties?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why am I missing the "Customize" tab in the application properties?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jack-whese [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqgxsr/why_am_i_missing_the_customize_tab_in_the/
  6. Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

in Windows 10 Support
    Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial: I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop" path in Win Explorer to bring the Properties window up and it is also missing there. There is a great Tutorial on how to correct...
  7. Missing securities tab in properties folder of drive(D)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing securities tab in properties folder of drive(D): Hello. I needed to disable read only option on a mounted ISO file. It said I did not have access. To sideline this, I need the securities tab, which is not available for the drive in properties folder. It’s available on everything else, including the C drive. File system is...
  8. Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties: i wanted to change the icon of a folder in Windows 10 Pro but when i go to the folder'sProperties i didn't found the "Customize" tab like in the past. This only happens with Folders, i don't have the problem with shortcuts here's a picture of a recently created folder's...
  9. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  10. Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows How to Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows The Customize tab in the properties of a folder or non-OS drive allows you to change the folder icons if a supported option for the...