Windows 10: question on nvme driver in using windows api

Discus and support question on nvme driver in using windows api in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, I have worked on Windows nvme drivers. After reading “Working with NVMe drives” at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kunzhang3, Dec 10, 2019.

1. kunzhang3 Win User

question on nvme driver in using windows api

kunzhang3, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Dec 10, 2019
  4. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. question on nvme driver in using windows api - Similar Threads - question nvme driver

2. Using Microsoft cryptographic API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Microsoft cryptographic API: I am using Visual studio and developing application. I come across Bcrypt.h header - Win32 apps Microsoft Docs Microsoft cryptographic library.I would like to know If there any additional license cost of using this library or we can use it as part of normal SDK. Is there any...
  3. Using Microsoft cryptographic API

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Microsoft cryptographic API: I am using Visual studio and developing application. I come across Bcrypt.h header - Win32 apps Microsoft Docs Microsoft cryptographic library.I would like to know If there any additional license cost of using this library or we can use it as part of normal SDK. Is there any...
  4. Using Windows Sharepoint REST API

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows Sharepoint REST API: Hello,I am using MS Sharepoint and keeping files. I wonder if is possible to create a REST API which could read each file content, parse it and put outputcontent in each column separately. Like using new API, to see more columns with names which are related with it's...
  5. Driver nvme

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver nvme: Bonjour, j'ai installer le dernier driver de contrôleur nvme ce matin, j'ai du redémarrer mon pc et depuis plus moyen de le redémarrer, même en mode sans échecs, impossible, je voudrais desinstaller le driver mais je ne sais pas comment le retrouver dans l'invite de commande....
  6. Is Repair Possible? (NVMe Question)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is Repair Possible? (NVMe Question): Google, bing, every search engine has given me nothing but useless vomit not relating to above, so I ask here Is it possible for a regular consumer to fix a broken NVMe SSD that has a few of its pins broken off, or is such a thing not possible unless its sent to the...
  7. Which Windows APIs/Frameworks to use for Virtual Audio Driver implementation?

Which Windows APIs/Frameworks to use for Virtual Audio Driver implementation?: How can I implement a virtual speaker and virtual microphone on Windows 10 so that third-party apps can select my virtual microphone and speaker for audio IO? The virtual mic/speaker should also show up under Sound Settings in the drop-down for output device spk and input...
  8. a curious M2 NVme question

a curious M2 NVme question: Computer hp Pavillion 590-p0053w Desktop I replaced the optane drive with a M2 NVme drive no problems other then taking it out of raid mode in the bios. It now is my system drive. According to the motherboard diagrams the wifi slot is also M2. I'm wondering if I could put a...
  9. Samsung NVME Driver vs Microsoft NVME Driver little bitty question

Samsung NVME Driver vs Microsoft NVME Driver little bitty question: Hello All Have an OEM Samsung M.2 ssd in my HP Omen gaming laptop, which is the best NVME driver to stick with, *Note Samsung Magician will not install says my m.2 not supported. Looking for best course of action/advice to do in this matter*** Thank you all in advance 150516
  10. What Driver Do I Use For Sasung NVME ?

What Driver Do I Use For Sasung NVME ?: Ive just installed a new nvme M2 970 evo plus. Never used on before and i see it has a microsoft driver, do i stick with that or use samsung ? Any difference ? 139188