Windows 10: Question on Performing a Clean Installation on Newer HP Omen Laptop

Discus and support Question on Performing a Clean Installation on Newer HP Omen Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All Will be this machines first time updating to a new build soonish here, so trying to get prepared, System recovery backup flash drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AMDMan2016, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Question on Performing a Clean Installation on Newer HP Omen Laptop

Hi All

Will be this machines first time updating to a new build soonish here, so trying to get prepared, System recovery backup flash drive done(Check), Personal files backed up with Macirum reflect full system image, All HP drivers updated as much as can be currently, do i have to wait til they have 1803 ones on the devices support page before upgrading?

Machine has 128gb SSD, and 1tb Storage drive

No CD/DVD drive
    just usb ports otherwise

Eventually purchasing Pro for this Laptop as well, as currently it's running Windows 10 Home

:)

AMDMan2016, Mar 30, 2018

2. Fall Creators Update Failure

I updated my HP Omen to the Fall Creators Update and then shut down my Omen. When I booted up my Omen it's telling me that "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation". I have an HP Omen laptop.
    Please help me ASAP.

EpsilonPhi, Mar 30, 2018
  3. Frequent BSOD on HP Omen Laptop

Unfortunately, this BSOD shows early signs of a hardware issue.

The bugcheck was 12B i.e. FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

First of all update BIOS to F42:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservic...

Secondly, Quick question-Is it under warranty?

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 30, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

Question on Performing a Clean Installation on Newer HP Omen Laptop

"All HP drivers updated as much as can be currently, do i have to wait til they have 1803 ones on the devices support page before upgrading?"
    These wouldn't be updated on HP Support for quite a while, if ever. So don't let that stop you. Make sure the SSD (assuming that will hold the OS) has at least 20gb of free space for 1803 to write temp files. Good Luck.

mrgeek, Mar 30, 2018
  5. Yes it has 20gb free right now, only holds the OS currently and a few small programs, everything else on the storage drive. Thinking will go smooth, but figured i'd ask just in case, HP drivers won't stop me if not available right away, didn't with my Desktop machines in the past, so won't on the Laptop either, Desktop Machine is Asus G11CD, Laptop HP Omen 15_ce019dx, Desktop 2 is Asus M32BC_01, and Desktop 4 HP P6-2133W(still works, even though older lol)

AMDMan2016, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Question on Performing a Clean Installation on Newer HP Omen Laptop

1. Question on Performing a Clean Installation on Newer HP Omen Laptop - Similar Threads - Question Performing Clean

2. HP Omen Laptop Windows is not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Omen Laptop Windows is not responding: I had changed in msconfig my boot cores to twelve from whatever the default setup was. Restarted my laptop. Then proceeded to run a userbenchmark to see if there was any changes. Userbenchmark actually installed a program this time rather than being a simple exe file like it...
  3. HP Omen Laptop Windows is not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Omen Laptop Windows is not responding: I had changed in msconfig my boot cores to twelve from whatever the default setup was. Restarted my laptop. Then proceeded to run a userbenchmark to see if there was any changes. Userbenchmark actually installed a program this time rather than being a simple exe file like it...
  4. Weird performance in laptop Hp omen 15 en0002la when using secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird performance in laptop Hp omen 15 en0002la when using secondary monitor: So here's the deal; i recently got a vga-hmdi adaptor so i could use an old monitor of mine with my laptop and everything seemed fine.But when i started gaming DOOM eternal, risk of rain 2, etc. there is a very visible downgrade in performance; frame drops, stuttering, things...
  5. Hp Omen laptop running slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp Omen laptop running slow: Hello! I got my Omen laptop back in march of 2019 and it worked like a dream! But after time passed it started to get slower. I dealt with it for a while but eventually grew tired of it as this is supposed to be an amazing computer. I downloaded Iolo system mechanic a month...
  6. Dust Clean out on HP Omen Gaming Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dust Clean out on HP Omen Gaming Laptop: Managed to get the Dust cleaned out of the fans just barely eariler, except couldn't get the cover fully off, as one darn screw refused to come out, Not sure if i had the right size screwdriver or not. For birthday coming on 21st will try to get a Toolkit if i can afford one,...
  7. HP Omen Gaming Laptop Battery Status Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Omen Gaming Laptop Battery Status Question: Hello All Windows 10 Home 1909 18363.476 x64 Antivirus: Windows Defender Antivirus/Malwarebytes 4.0 Free Anyways wondering if battery status is fine, I try to use it some days on battery a while to about 20 percent, then recharge back to 100, then keep use it on A/C next...
  8. Clean install question

Clean install question: About to do a clean install on a PC that has 10 on it and activated. It was a windows 7 machine that had the free 10 offer installed. Will it activate when the clean install is complete? I thought the key was embedded but not sure. When I get to where to install it, can I...
  9. Question before performing a clean installation

Question before performing a clean installation: I will be clean installing Windows 10 and was looking to make sure that my Personal synced settings are backed up and reinstalled during the installation process. I'm just looking for some feedback from the rest of the guys on the forum. Are there other users who have PC or...
  10. Clean install question.

Clean install question.: It's been stated that after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7 or 8 you will be able to do a clean install of Windows 10. Does anyone know yet how this will happen? Will Microsoft provide a link to download the .iso or will it be a case of converting the esd to iso. I've...