Windows 10: Question on Using 'Backup and Restore (Windwos 7)' in Windows 10

Discus and support Question on Using 'Backup and Restore (Windwos 7)' in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I have my external drive (USB-C) connected to my Windows 10 laptop all the time for automatic backups, using Backup and Restore (Windows 7). I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/simochiology, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Question on Using 'Backup and Restore (Windwos 7)' in Windows 10

Hi. I have my external drive (USB-C) connected to my Windows 10 laptop all the time for automatic backups, using Backup and Restore (Windows 7). I have a question: does the backup of the selected drive (in my case, drives C:/ and D:/) include files that are created after the backup has started?

Thank you

submitted by /u/simochiology
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/simochiology, Oct 28, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windwos 10 backup and restore, why windwos 7?

It is true that the Windwos 10 Reset does fail sometimes . ..

There are only the 2 backup options in Windows

Backup and Restore (windows 7)

This lets you backup folders or you can also include a system image

File History

This is simply for keeping previous versions of your personal files

To create a bootable copy of Windows 10, your best option is to create one with the Media Creation Tool and keep it safe for when you need it:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-downlo...

DaveM121, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Windows 7 Backup question

Hi, I have Windows 7 x64 HP. I've used the backup and restore feature to backup on an external drive, and I've also burned a copy of the restore software that it wished me to burn onto a CD. My question is, if ever my PC fails or something and I need to restore my files, will I need anything beyond the external drive and the backup CD? Or will I need the original OS CD as well? I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista but I don't have my Vista disc anymore (lost it a long time ago), which basically means the Windows 7 upgrade disc shouldn't work either (to be honest, I haven't touched the disc in nearly a year so I don't really know where the W7 update disc is either :/). Thanks.

runevirage, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Question on Using 'Backup and Restore (Windwos 7)' in Windows 10

Windwos 10 backup and restore, why windwos 7?

Windows 10 offers two kinds of backups:

1. File History

2. Traditional Backups like in Windows 7.

The Backup and restore Windows 7 name only signifies that this is similar to the ones in Windows 7. Although that is also deprecated and is not guaranteed to be available on Future versions of Windows, Microsoft recommends using softwares like Acronis to take
    backups.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Question on Using 'Backup and Restore (Windwos 7)' in Windows 10

1. Question on Using 'Backup and Restore (Windwos 7)' in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Question Using 'Backup

2. Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.: Backup and ReStore question. Backup completed but says some files were skipped. Is the backup still correct for restoring if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-and-restore-question/67f99365-25a8-4599-ad0c-404fb5006186
  3. Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.: Backup and ReStore question. Backup completed but says some files were skipped. Is the backup still correct for restoring if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-and-restore-question/67f99365-25a8-4599-ad0c-404fb5006186
  4. Backup and Restore Windows 7 Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore Windows 7 Questions: Is there a time limit on how long we can use Backup and Restore Windows 7?I did a clean install a couple days ago and instead of using the third partyimaging software I was using I decide to use Backup and Restore Windows 7.I find it a bit cumbersome because I prefer to...
  5. Windows Backup & Restore Question

Windows Backup & Restore Question: I wonder if automatic concurrent backups get faster after the initial backup is completed via adjusting the files from the initial backup? Or does it make a completely new copy every time it backs up files? I can't seem to find an answer to this question by searching....
  6. Windows 7 Backup/Restore question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 7 Backup/Restore question: I have used this program for some time but need to clarify 2 questions: 1.- Does it perform incremental or differential backups? I have read that it does only incremental, however after every backup I notice that changed files are available in their entirety, which would...
  7. Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore

Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore: How do i restore from a single drive computer to my new machine with a SSD and a large seperate data drive? The backup was made with Windows 7 backup and restore option....
  8. Windows 10 Backup using windows 7 backup and restore option issue

Windows 10 Backup using windows 7 backup and restore option issue: I have 1 TB hard disk on my pc i decided to use windows 7 backup and restore option to backup things incase anything happens to be able to recover my data so i went to disk managment and partition my harddrive into 2 parts : Local Disk D 900GB and Recovery E 100GB went to...
  9. Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Questions: I created 2 disk images using Backup and Restore (Windows 7) I*renamed the first images folder*using the date. But, when I boot into the repair disc and choose select another image, I don't see the folder name. I'm not quit sure which one I would be restoring. Can...
  10. backup and restore question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup and restore question: Hi everyone, I clean installed windows 10 from previously having windows 7, however I noticed in control panel>system and security>backup and restore, that it shows windows 7 in brackets. I've posted a screenshot below, and a screenshot of the next screen if I click on...