Windows 10: Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image

Discus and support Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Tried creating a Windows 10 Recovery USB but two attempts failed for some unknown reason - both popped up a window stating that Recovery Drive was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by fdm2000, Feb 19, 2020.

1. fdm2000 Win User

Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image

Tried creating a Windows 10 Recovery USB but two attempts failed for some unknown reason - both popped up a window stating that Recovery Drive was not Created (although it contained numerous files). I used the common method to create the Recovery using a 16 GB USB which was more than adequate capacity for the recovery.

Wondering if there is any real value to having a Win 10 Recovery USB when I have a Macrium boot up recovery DVD and a Macrium full image if my C (OS drive) and D (data drive) on an external HDD.

Comment, suggestions or advice would be welcomed,

Frank

:)

fdm2000, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Jerry8AB Win User

Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Macrium Recovery 'Drive'?

Opening Win 10 Pro's File Explorer at the 'This PC' level I see an unexpected entry 'Macrium Reflect Image'. As well as File Explorer it's also displayed by other tools such as TreeSize.

Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image [​IMG]

I assume this arises from tentatively trying the first steps of the restore process (as discussed in the parallel thread) and browsing the last full image I made?

It's obviously not one of my seven physical drives, shown in Disk Management:

Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image [​IMG]

Is this 'M:' a 'virtual drive'? What storage is actually being used for it? Would it get deleted if I 'explore' another image?

Terrypin, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image

1. Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image - Similar Threads - Question Recovery Drive

2. Recovery Drive Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery Drive Question: A couple of questions: 1) I have (3) machines with Windows 10 on them. Will a single recovery drive be usable on all three...if I ever needed it...or do I have to make (3) individual recovery drives? One machine is Windows 10 Home and the others are Pro...if that makes a...
  3. Question re: Recovery partitions, Macrium

Question re: Recovery partitions, Macrium: My project is to clone my HDD C: to a new, larger SSD. I think I have things pretty well figured out, but I am not comfortable with the situation in my current Recovery Partition. Below is a pic of my current partitioning scheme. [img] As far as I can figure out, the...
  4. Macrium Recovery 'Drive'?

Macrium Recovery 'Drive'?: Opening Win 10 Pro's File Explorer at the 'This PC' level I see an unexpected entry 'Macrium Reflect Image'. As well as File Explorer it's also displayed by other tools such as TreeSize. [img] I assume this arises from tentatively trying the first steps of the restore...
  5. Recovery Drive vs System Repair Disc vs Boot Drive? (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Drive vs System Repair Disc vs Boot Drive? (Windows 10): Hi. Just did my first System Image onto an external hard drive from my Windows 10 laptop. It worked. At the end it asked me do I want to make a System Repair Disc. I said yes. I see I can only choose to use the CD drive. When traveling (regular) I would rather take a...
  6. Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions: "A*recovery drive*can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won’t start. A recovery drive is a USB version of a*system repair disc*with an option to include the system files to be able to also reset Windows 10 from the recovery drive." Two...
  7. recovery vs image

recovery vs image: yesterday I created a recovery disc , do I still need to create an image disc as well ? 17363
  8. Macrium Rescue Drive vs Windows Recovery Drive

Macrium Rescue Drive vs Windows Recovery Drive: Is there any reason for me to create a Windows recovery USB drive if I already have a Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive and a set of solid images? If anything goes wrong I can always restore an image, so I’m not sure what additional protections a Windows recover drive would...
  9. Macrium. A quick question on the Macrium recovery splash screen.

Macrium. A quick question on the Macrium recovery splash screen.: After much persuasion from you guys, and having encountered a real issue/bug with Windows own disk imager *Smile I'm giving Macrium Reflect a fair trial. Quick question hopefully. I've installed the Macrium 'Add recovery Boot Menu' option so that I can restore under...
  10. Backup/Recovery tools - Acronis vs Macrium

Backup/Recovery tools - Acronis vs Macrium: Please forgive me for not reading the whole "Window 10 Recovery Tools" thread before posting this, but that's a very long thread. I am a long time user of Acronis True Image. Lately I've run into a few peculiarities that have me looking at alternatives. A number of people...