Windows 10: Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection

Discus and support Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Maybe you could help me. I don't know how to configure the network/routing etc to connect to a docker service running in my Hyper-V Linux guest. Here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jgzh, Dec 19, 2020.

1. jgzh Win User

Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection

Maybe you could help me. I don't know how to configure the network/routing etc to connect to a docker service running in my Hyper-V Linux guest. Here is a brief description of my setup:

Windows 10 virt. interface 10.0.0.100 for Hyper-V --> Hyper-V-guest Ubuntu eth0: 172.23.162.218 / eth1: 10.0.0.20 / docker0: 172.17.0.1. The docker service apparently runs under 172.17.0.2.

What do I have to configure where to get access to the docker service 172.27.0.2 from Windows 10?

:)

2. Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop

Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop

Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jco...ws-10-desktop/

Cluster Head, Dec 19, 2020
  3. SACn Win User
    Hyper-V Could Not Connect to MobyLinuxVM of Docker & Docker Won't Run

Docker for Windows was not running. So as first step need to make MobyLinuxVM execute in Hyper-V. Hyper-V although running all virtual machines successfully but could not connect to them itself with double errors.

It poses error #1 on first connect thereafter error #2. What to do now, have tried many solution as mentioned below ?

Error #1:

Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection ebdcT.png

Error #2:

Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection 93cYb.png

Failed Solutions

Have tried following but failed {Windows 10 (x64) 1703}

1. Remove and re-install Hyper-V and 'Docker for Windows'
    2. Disabled all firewalls and antivirus on the machine
    3. Failed to connect 'docker for windows' with hyper-v
      (Stopped docker service too)
    4. Ensured that flag hypervisorlaunchtype is set into Auto in boot flags
    5. Replaced MobyLinuxVM.vhdx and mobylinux.iso from another working computer in safe mode considering bugs in docker update images (using stable version of docker for windows)

4. Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection

Hyper-V networking

Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Hyper-V installed. All was working well, and then I got a chipset update from Dell. Installed the update and rebooted computer. After that networking was not working correctly, windows showed limited connectivity. I looked
    a little to roll back the driver update, but Windows did not show a new Nic card driver and the chipsets I looked at also did not show a current date. The Dell Command update program does not provide a way to uninstall updates.

I tried to access hyper-v switch manager but it returns an error that "an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches". Also tried using the powershell cmdlet but got a general error.

I accessed the networking center and deleted the Hyper V adapter, then edited my LAN card's config disabling the two Hyper V protocols and enabling the rest. This let me get back on-line with my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Hyper V feature,
    reboot, reinstall - but I am still unable to access the switch manager. I then removed the feature again, re-named the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory, rebooted, added the feature again. This time (obviously) none of my VM's show up but
    I'm still unable to access the switch manager.

There is no critical data in my Hyper V, I use it for testing, re-creating issues, learning, etc. Is there a way for Windows 10 (or something designed for server 2012 that will apply) that I can use to fully reset the Hyper v networking, or fully rest all
    of hyper v so I can get it working again? I do use the workstation heavily, it's my work computer so it would be very difficult to impossible to reinstall the OS.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Matthew.Hart.TMG, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection

1. Question on Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Linux - Docker Network Connection - Similar Threads - Question Hyper Linux

2. HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2: I have been having BSODs over the last 3 months or so with the error codes I provided in the title.I use VSCode for coding along with Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Ubuntu 22. 04. on Windows.I have attached the DxDiag and dump files from the Windows\Minidump folder in the...
  3. HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2: I have been having BSODs over the last 3 months or so with the error codes I provided in the title.I use VSCode for coding along with Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Ubuntu 22. 04. on Windows.I have attached the DxDiag and dump files from the Windows\Minidump folder in the...
  4. Hyper-V Network adapter not connected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V Network adapter not connected in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Hyper-V is a great utility built right inside the Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise editions to enable users to deploy Virtual Machines and other virtualization objects on their computers. Mostly used by the enterprise, Hyper-V is mostly used to deploy [...]...
  5. Hyper-V questions

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V questions: In Hyper-V, is there any way to change NEWCOMP to a different name after it's already being used? [img] When I run one of the VMs it shows [img] which I don't like. 139498
  6. Hyper-V - question Linux Guest with RAID arrays

Hyper-V - question Linux Guest with RAID arrays: Hi there I'm gradually giving up on VMWare to go to HYPER-V. One issue I have is that if I create a Linux server VM I still want to use existing XFS formatted HDD's on the Guest in RAID arrays. There's around 10 TB of space - and about 3 TB of data. Is the HYPER-V system as...
  7. Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM

Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM: I have a Windows 10 Pro machine which supports virtualization. I want to create a hyper-V VM running Windows 10 as the guest host. I have some questions on licensing and any activation issues that might occur I expect I'll need to buy a 2nd Win 10 license Does it need...
  8. Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection

Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection: I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but is there any way to speed up my RDP connection to an openSUSE guest running locally under Hyper-V? I'm using a NAT vSwitch to provide it with both Internet and host connectivity and remote over the static IP is has on...
  9. Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop

Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop: Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop As you probably know the Windows Insider program allows to get preview Windows 10 builds to test the new features that are coming in the next major update of Windows. Since a few weeks, a new feature...
  10. Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10: How to: Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10 How to Install CentOS Linux on Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [img] Note A working and quite nice alternative for dual booting is to install various operating systems on a virtual machine. CentOS is...