Windows 10: Question on Wireless Network Cards?

Discus and support Question on Wireless Network Cards? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Comcast Gateway (XB7) supports wireless AX, i bought a sorta cheap Wireless AC card when i picked up my new custom built Windows 10 Computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AMDMan2016, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Question on Wireless Network Cards?

My Comcast Gateway (XB7) supports wireless AX, i bought a sorta cheap Wireless AC card when i picked up my new custom built Windows 10 Computer, ((Specs in signature, Desktop--I7 10700) Anyways i got another card on the way, which support Wireless AX.

Would it be too much trouble to swap out the Wireless AC card, for the Wireless AX card? should fit in same PCi-e x1 slot this current card in, and perhaps use the same cable for the bluetooth 5.0 option i'd imagine....also would be my first time opening this new case since got it lol.

((not time for a dust clean out i don't think yet, just got the system yesterday from shop))

:)

AMDMan2016, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Question on Wireless Network Cards? :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Question on Wireless Network Cards?

Unable to display list of wireless networks.

Hi Richard,

Wireless networks could be set as a private network and that could be a possible reason why you are experiencing issues with viewing some wireless networks within your area. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to know if you are trying to
    connect to a public wireless network.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest performing network reset. Follow these steps to do so:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Status, look for Network troubleshooter and then click on Network reset.
    • Restart your computer once the process completed.

If the same issue persists, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . It provides information and steps on how to address network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Question on Wireless Network Cards?

1. Question on Wireless Network Cards? - Similar Threads - Question Wireless Network

2. Is it a failing wireless card?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it a failing wireless card?!: So...what exactly is going on? Here're two of many scenarios.One, I pull up a website. All good. I then click to navigate somewhere on said site and my browser suddenly says the site can't be reached. Not good. Upon either waiting several seconds or, more often, me refreshing...
  3. Is it a failing wireless card?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it a failing wireless card?!: So...what exactly is going on? Here're two of many scenarios.One, I pull up a website. All good. I then click to navigate somewhere on said site and my browser suddenly says the site can't be reached. Not good. Upon either waiting several seconds or, more often, me refreshing...
  4. wireless card driver

wireless card driver: how can I install wireless card driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-card-driver/8da5bddb-e82a-461b-be37-a40738b5d805
  5. Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks

Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks: Hi! I own a MS Surface Pro 3. It has a built in Marvell Wireless network card. Suddenly it stopped being able to find available networks. I tried connecting a Wireless USB-adapter, and it finds all the networks here. So how can I fix the built-in network card? I have...
  6. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card: Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an ethernet icon woth a red X on it. When I pulled up the available networks menu, none seemed to appear. I’m worried something on my computer...
  7. Need recommendations on USB3 802.11ac wireless network cards

Need recommendations on USB3 802.11ac wireless network cards: I have my main router one floor below me and I can't get, at my laptop, more than 30 Mbps. I'm looking for alternatives to boost my reception on both the 2.4 and 5.0 MHz bands. Recommendations, please? Also, since I have a built-in network card, if I plug a USB card in, how...
  8. Replace wireless card with wireless + Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace wireless card with wireless + Bluetooth?: I have decided to fix up my older laptop instead of buying a new one. I recently added RAM & a new hard drive, 1TB, 7200 RPM with Advanced Formatting. I would like to know if I can replace my wireless card with with a wireless/Bluetooth card. I currently have a Realtek...
  9. Wireless network icon showing when I don't have a wireless card

Wireless network icon showing when I don't have a wireless card: I migrated my installation from my laptop so save reinstalling a million apps again. All went as well as can be expected. One thing I haven't been able to sort is that I have the "airplane" icon in the notification area and my desktop doesn't actually have a wireless card....
  10. Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card.

Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card.: Hey there, I would like to enable the 5Ghz option on my router, however when I do this my PC is not detecting the network, however my phone and Xbox are, I read on the internet that 802.11n internet is able to use 5Ghz. I feel like I missed a setting but I can't find it,...