Windows 10: Question over adding family users vs. others?

Discus and support Question over adding family users vs. others? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; What would be the difference with respect to capabilities of the IDs in using this PC? TIA.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PianSa, Sep 17, 2019.

1. PianSa Win User

Question over adding family users vs. others?

What would be the difference with respect to capabilities of the IDs in using this PC?

TIA.

:)

PianSa, Sep 17, 2019

2. Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 17, 2019
  3. adding family members and users

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with adding family members and users. I'll certainly help you with it.

I would suggest you to sign out from the computer and sign in again using the Microsoft account and check if the issue persist.

For reference:
    Family member accepted invite to family, but does not show in parent account

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

Adding User Errors

Hi,

The error message that you’ve encountered can be caused by an invalid or corrupted registry keys. You may also get the same error when your computer shuts down
    unexpectedly. To learn more about your concern with adding a user, we’d like to ask the following questions:

• Are you also getting the error when you add a user?
    • Were there any changes or updates made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so for to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will scan and restore the corrupted system files on your device. Check this
    article
    for the steps.

We’ll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Question over adding family users vs. others? - Similar Threads - Question adding family

2. family and other users missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family and other users missing: when I follow the instructions to add my daughter to my family on her computer, the "family and other users does not appear. What is the error and how can it be fixed?...
  3. family and other users missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family and other users missing: when I follow the instructions to add my daughter to my family on her computer, the "family and other users does not appear. What is the error and how can it be fixed?...
  4. no family and other user option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no family and other user option: i created a google associated account , and due to wrong name in email i deleted it. not i created another user in windows 11 but when i go to account no option for family or other user is there i think it is due to i delted user folder first and trying to remove user later ....
  5. no family and other user option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no family and other user option: i created a google associated account , and due to wrong name in email i deleted it. not i created another user in windows 11 but when i go to account no option for family or other user is there i think it is due to i delted user folder first and trying to remove user later ....
  6. W10 Pro Family & Other Users Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Pro Family & Other Users Question: Howdy,I've been pondering this for some time now. I created a "Other User" on my PC to have login permission. This is also another Microsoft Based Account using MS Hello for a login A Carry over from their laptopThis account. Well. Takes anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes to...
  7. Family & other users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family & other users: How can someone else’s family be in charge of my sons family & other users? We didnt set up this family group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-other-users/f60fb5eb-f70b-4246-a788-dc8f85376e64
  8. Family & Other Users

Family & Other Users: Under Settings - Accounts - Family & Other Users, I'm getting a red-letter message that "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date". Any idea what could be causing this?...
  9. Family/ other user settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family/ other user settings: I've recently set up a few "Other User" accounts on my PC but when anyone uses them they arent able to use a start menu or go into any settings at all, is there a away to fix this?...
  10. Family & Other Users Not in Settings

Family & Other Users Not in Settings: Family & Other Users in not in Settings. Can someone please help me out?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-other-users-not-in-settings/ae460c5a-cfc0-4f62-96b9-28524400a402