Windows 10: question re: ability to upgrade to Win11

Discus and support question re: ability to upgrade to Win11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am interested in updating my current OS Win10 Home, Version 21H2 to Win11. When I checked through the PC Health Check application, it said I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Maggie Nolan, Sep 25, 2022.

1. question re: ability to upgrade to Win11

I am interested in updating my current OS Win10 Home, Version 21H2 to Win11. When I checked through the PC Health Check application, it said I could not because my processor was not adequate. However, when I checked the system information, I find that my processor AMD Ryzen 1700 Eight-core processor, 3Ghz is listed on the acceptable systems to run Win11. Everything else is listed as being adequate to run Win11. What am I missing? Please forgive my lack of depth on this subject. Maggie

:)

Maggie Nolan, Sep 25, 2022

2. Win11 upgrade not coming

If you checked again my previous replies, you can see ASUS re-installed my new notebook a even newer Win10 Home installation. After this 2nd time installation, I only did these to the toy:

1. installed chrome
    2. changed its display brightness
    3. changed wallpaper
    After your previous suggestion, the 1 month temp McAfee was gone.

I can't figure out why I can't upgrade to Win11 for such a new notebook. Newer notebook will come with Win11 natively question re: ability to upgrade to Win11 :)

MingCheng6, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Win11 upgrade not coming

One good news is that MS web site tells me my PC is included in Win11 upgrade list. And MS is doing more testing to prepare it (to this effect).

MingCheng6, Sep 25, 2022
  4. question re: ability to upgrade to Win11

A FEW QUESTIONS REGRADING WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE

Questions:

1. Do all apps on a Windows 11 (Win11) system have to be 64-bit?
    2. Also, if I upgrade to Win11, will I also have to upgrade Visual Studio 2019 to VS 2022? Windows 10 (version 1703) is listed as the minimum system requirement of VS 2019. Microsoft doesn't appear to say anything about whether or not VS 2019 runs on Win11.
    3. Also, answer above post regarding the fate of incompatible apps. Of my 3rd-party apps, must I find and upgrade every app which is incompatible before the Win11 upgrade, or will those particular apps still be on the system post-Win11-upgrade, but simply unable to run properly until upgraded themselves? It could take a while to get to upgrading the OS if I must upgrade a ton of apps first!
    Please respond ASAP.

RobertGustafsonII, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

question re: ability to upgrade to Win11

1. question re: ability to upgrade to Win11 - Similar Threads - question ability upgrade

2. Win11 setup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 setup question: I will be setting uo a number of Win11 computers with the same settings and accounts. Is there a way to automate it ?Ideally I would setup one computer, save those settings to a USB, and use the USB for setting up the other computers.Thanks......
  3. Win11 setup question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 setup question: I will be setting uo a number of Win11 computers with the same settings and accounts. Is there a way to automate it ?Ideally I would setup one computer, save those settings to a USB, and use the USB for setting up the other computers.Thanks......
  4. question re: ability to upgrade to Win11

question re: ability to upgrade to Win11: I am interested in updating my current OS Win10 Home, Version 21H2 to Win11. When I checked through the PC Health Check application, it said I could not because my processor was not adequate. However, when I checked the system information, I find that my processor AMD Ryzen...
  5. Upgrade to Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Win11?: Just got a new laptop with win11 home. How do I upgrade to WinPro? Thanks in advance!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-win11/4cf1b889-97b2-435a-923d-136b3ba0ae38
  6. Question about availability of win11 upgrade for a supported system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about availability of win11 upgrade for a supported system: Hello,I would have a quick question.Should I get the "the system is compatible and will receive the upgrade soon" message as soon as possible, or is that meant to show up just some weeks before the actual upgrade for my system is available ?Just wondering, because i've an...
  7. Question about availability of win11 upgrade for a supported system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about availability of win11 upgrade for a supported system: Hello,I would have a quick question.Should I get the "the system is compatible and will receive the upgrade soon" message as soon as possible, or is that meant to show up just some weeks before the actual upgrade for my system is available ?Just wondering, because i've an...
  8. Question about availability of win11 upgrade for a supported system

9. Win11 and Desktop question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 and Desktop question: I got this advertisment from Microsoft: New Windows 11 PCs have arrivedand looked at the devices that have Win 11. They're all laptops and tablets. So -- Microsoft is not going to put Win11 on desktops? Only mobile devices?...
  10. Win11 and Desktop question

Win11 and Desktop question: I got this advertisment from Microsoft: New Windows 11 PCs have arrivedand looked at the devices that have Win 11. They're all laptops and tablets. So -- Microsoft is not going to put Win11 on desktops? Only mobile devices?...