Windows 10: Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd

Discus and support Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am replacing my ASUS GL552 laptops SSD C drive with a larger one and want to make sure I am doing it correctly I have made a macriun image of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by provlima, Jul 17, 2019.

1. provlima Win User

Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd

I am replacing my ASUS GL552 laptops SSD C drive with a larger one and want to make sure I am doing it correctly

I have made a macriun image of the old ssd that I will restore on the new replacement
    When I boot from the ASUS rescue thumb drive will the laptop start normally and at that time I will be able

to start the macrium recovery to the new SSD I have installed ?

Thanks for your help

:)

provlima, Jul 17, 2019

2. 2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd

hi I have a pc with 1 m2 ssd drive on which win 10 is active how do I transfer everything including win 10 on it to the newer bigger drive and use the bigger one as a replacement c drive I don't have the product key as win was pre installed

the bear in heels, Jul 17, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd

Hi The

If you can connect both M2's to your system then you can clone the old Ms onto the new one - most systems do not have a second M2 port - you should check to see if that is possible . . .

If you can connect both drives to your system then the free version of Macrium Reflect would be a good choice to perform the cloning . ..

If you cannot connect both drives, then you will be unable to clone the old drive and your only choice will be to backup your data and clean install Windows 10 onto the new M2 SSD

DaveM121, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd

Migration from Hdd to m2.SSD

Recently I have purchased a new laptop (hp probook 450 G4) and a new original windows 10 home edition and now I want to upgrade my 1 TB Hdd to a new m2 ssd and my laptop supports another slot for the m2 ssd so I can run both
    the m2 ssd & hdd at the same time but I will make the m2 ssd the boot drive and the hdd will be the data drive.
    MY Question is how can I migrate system drive to the new m2 ssd without the need to reinstall windows or any other installed programs and there is another thing, when I checked the disk management I found 3 recovery partitions will I have to
    migrate them too or I have to migrate the system drive only

MostafaEl-Desoky, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd

1. Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd - Similar Threads - Question Replacing ssd

2. Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?: I have a sata SSD as drive C: and can I place an additional m2 ssd on my Maindoard and expand that m2 ssd to my C: drive so that I have more space there.?Can I merge them together.? to work as one....
  3. Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?: I have a sata SSD as drive C: and can I place an additional m2 ssd on my Maindoard and expand that m2 ssd to my C: drive so that I have more space there.?Can I merge them together.? to work as one....
  4. Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. M2 SSD C: Drive random partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M2 SSD C: Drive random partitions: I have noticed my M2 SSD C: drive has a number of random partitions recently: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m2-ssd-c-drive-random-partitions/a41a7b3e-118d-4a08-be16-083727afe1f1
  6. M2 SSD C: Drive random partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M2 SSD C: Drive random partitions: I have noticed my M2 SSD C: drive has a number of random partitions recently: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m2-ssd-c-drive-random-partitions/a41a7b3e-118d-4a08-be16-083727afe1f1
  7. M2 SSD C: Drive random partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. About M2 SSD Interface Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    About M2 SSD Interface Question: I know that all devices MUST have an interface to talk with each other. So I got this M2 SSD drive from amazon (sorry now), and it's working fine. So far no problems and using it as a boot drive on a PC that was built 7 years ago and out of date. I'm using a shell script to...
  9. 2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd: hi I have a pc with 1 m2 ssd drive on which win 10 is active how do I transfer everything including win 10 on it to the newer bigger drive and use the bigger one as a replacement c drive I don't have the product key as win was pre installed...
  10. How do I upgrade small SSD to larger SSD for C drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I upgrade small SSD to larger SSD for C drive?: Hi, I need to upgrade my C drive from 256GB to 1TB. (both are SSD) I want to use Macrium Reflect Free Edition. Can I just create a system image onto an external drive, swap the drives, and reboot to restore the 256GB image onto the new 1TB drive? (instead of having both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when replacing a ssd with a larger ssd should you use a backup or clone

2. replace m2 ssd with larger ssd