Windows 10: Question re User Account Control settings

Discus and support Question re User Account Control settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a couple of applications that every time I launch them Windows asks that I grant permission to allow the application to make changes to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Swegnson, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Swegnson Win User

Question re User Account Control settings

I have a couple of applications that every time I launch them Windows asks that I grant permission to allow the application to make changes to my computer. The slider under User Account Control settings makes the decision to grant access an all or nothing choice, that is to say all applications or no applications. Is there not a way to grant blanket permission to select specific applications?

:)

Swegnson, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
  4. Guest3 Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Question re User Account Control settings - Similar Threads - Question User Account

2. user account control setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user account control setting: a user account control settings keeps prompting me to enter admin username and password whenever i try to install any application or try to uninstall any application, which is annoying because even my workplace administration is clueless for the same. can anyone let me know...
  3. user account control setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user account control setting: a user account control settings keeps prompting me to enter admin username and password whenever i try to install any application or try to uninstall any application, which is annoying because even my workplace administration is clueless for the same. can anyone let me know...
  4. user account control setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User Account Control Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control Settings: I am unable to change my user account control settings back to administrator. How can I get back in the settings to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-settings/eb1b86cd-121d-415b-8195-a756286bd930
  6. User Account Control Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control Settings: I got a firewall notification that a new update is available. When I select accept and update now, I am asked whether I want to allow this app to make changes and it is asking for a PIN which must be a 4-digit number because when I try different things, only numbers are...
  7. User Account Control Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control Settings: I got a firewall notification that a new update is available. When I select accept and update now, I am asked whether I want to allow this app to make changes and it is asking for a PIN which must be a 4-digit number because when I try different things, only numbers are...
  8. User Account Control Settings

User Account Control Settings: The four options available under User Account Control Settings are not the same options I had before I reset my laptop which are described in the link under said settings:Tell me more about User Account Control settings. I have Windows 10 free version. The option I want is...
  9. user account control settings

user account control settings: how we change user account control settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-settings/f2945ddc-6104-440f-9aed-897b92ac34fb
  10. User account control settings

User account control settings: I get a message every time I open Chrome. The message asks if I allow it to make changes to my computer. If I check no, it doesn't open. I try changing the notification settings but it always revert back to high security. Am I getting the message because Chrome is not in the...