Windows 10: Question Reg Desktop Files in "This PC" , User and One Drive

Discus and support Question Reg Desktop Files in "This PC" , User and One Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10, purchased Oct 2019. Are the Desktop folders/files listed in "This PC," "One Drive" andc:/user/myname suppose to be the same? I seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoAnneFly1, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Question Reg Desktop Files in "This PC" , User and One Drive

Windows 10, purchased Oct 2019.

Are the Desktop folders/files listed in "This PC," "One Drive" andc:/user/myname suppose to be the same?

I seem to be having issues with the Icon shortcuts I have selected appearing on my Desktop.

When I look at the Desktop files listed in This PC, One Drive and my User Desktop Folder --- They are NOT the same.

Which folder is the folder that controls the appearance of the Icons on my Desktop ????

Thanks for your help

JoAnne

:)

JoAnneFly1, Jan 14, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Question Reg Desktop Files in "This PC" , User and One Drive

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Thema:

Question Reg Desktop Files in "This PC" , User and One Drive

1. Question Reg Desktop Files in "This PC" , User and One Drive - Similar Threads - Question Reg Desktop

2. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  3. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  4. Removing One Drive from user files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing One Drive from user files?: When setting up the new computer Windows 11 made a backup file of my OneDrive account in This PC/Windows C: Users/MyName/OneDrive. The computer is a lemon and has to go back and I want to send it "clean." Can I safely remove these files without losing them? I am pretty sure I...
  5. Removing One Drive from user files?

Removing One Drive from user files?: When setting up the new computer Windows 11 made a backup file of my OneDrive account in This PC/Windows C: Users/MyName/OneDrive. The computer is a lemon and has to go back and I want to send it "clean." Can I safely remove these files without losing them? I am pretty sure I...
  6. One Drive File question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive File question: I am not aware of how One Drive works. I got out of it for awhile and then realized I needed something inside of it. I am looking at a file in Documents - Granfelt - Arizona Willow Planting Report 2018. I cannot open it, it get the usual choose a word processing program to...
  7. Question about fixing a .reg file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about fixing a .reg file.: First and foremost thanks to Brink for the .reg files that i use. I am using the power menu cascade .reg file that puts a power menu on the right click menu of the desktop. I seen that there is also one for the UEFI settings on the same right click menu. What i wanted to do...
  8. One Drive backup files Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive backup files Question: I reinstall one drive on a new computer recently and I moved back my photo folder from an external hard drive to my picture folder. As soon as I did that I saw that one drive was uploading all the files in that folder, tried to go in setting and tried to stop the backup of...
  9. one drive question

one drive question: I have read that you can edit files from onedrive even if you're not online , if so where these files are stored on the computer? 49044
  10. Merging .reg files as standard user

in Windows 10 Support
    Merging .reg files as standard user: I want to add run as admin to the context menu to be able to merge a couple of .reg files into the registry when i right click on them, i downloaded Brinks 2 reg files to do this but they require admin privleges *Mad and run as admin does not show up in the context menu when...