Windows 10: question regarding error below

Discus and support question regarding error below in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 9/4/18 17:25:22 Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeAnnaQuick, Sep 4, 2018.

1. question regarding error below

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Date: 9/4/18 17:25:22
    Event ID: 10016
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DDS
    Description:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
    and APPID
    Unavailable
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-09-05T00:25:22.762121800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3620</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="352" ThreadID="492" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DDS</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">Launch</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data>
    <Data Name="param7">SYSTEM</Data>
    <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-18</Data>
    <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>
    <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

DeAnnaQuick, Sep 4, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond question regarding error below :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Family Safety not logging website browsing from my childs Windows 10 Phone

Hi,

To isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Have you done any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?
    • Are there any error messages?

We also suggest you to send us a screenshot to further assist you.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Sep 4, 2018
  4. question regarding error below

window 10 on Lumia

Hi,

To isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are there any error messages?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?
    We also suggest that you send us a screenshot to further assist you.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

question regarding error below

1. question regarding error below - Similar Threads - question regarding error

2. A question regarding BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A question regarding BIOS: Hi , Good evening! I am having a problem with my windows 10 bios HP pavilion laptop. My bios doesnt have the advanced tab and whenever i follow a tutorial from google or YouTube it always plays a beep sound. Any help will be appreciated and please tell me how i can unlock the...
  3. Question regarding BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding BSoD: Hello!whenever I start my laptop, it shows BSoD RTKVHD64.sys and not booting I want to recover my data but the laptop shows the blue screen and it starts again and again but not letting me to have a backup of my data ....
  4. Question regarding BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question regarding BSoD: Hello!whenever I start my laptop, it shows BSoD RTKVHD64.sys and not booting I want to recover my data but the laptop shows the blue screen and it starts again and again but not letting me to have a backup of my data ....
  5. Question regarding this error screen

Question regarding this error screen: Hi all,I have a question about this.So i went into the bios to see my temps,i didnt change anything at all,just had a quick look and hit exit and i was greeted by this blue screen error.After hitting restart the pc booted normaly and no dump fille was created,no event viewer...
  6. Question regarding taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question regarding taskbar: I currently have a three monitor setup and I only want two taskbar, is it possible to do that in Window? submitted by /u/ToSaKuMiRK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/krb8o2/question_regarding_taskbar/
  7. see question below

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    see question below: I am trying to burn a CD and keep getting this statement: "Windows Media Player cannot find the file. The link from the item in the library to its associated digital media file might be broken. To fix the problem, try repairing the link or removing the item from the...
  8. regarding below

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    regarding below: how can I get my activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-below/2032fd72-a55a-42df-b252-a550d851431d"
  9. Question regards with this error message

Question regards with this error message: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (be) Please clarify this message for better knowledge , and what can be the trouble shooting steps that can fix the issue. all my drivers are up to date same goes to bios...
  10. Question Regarding Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Regarding Bluetooth: Hi guys. Just a quick question as i can't seem to find an answer on the web. I'm on latest November build for W10 Pro and Bluetooth is automatically on with no option to toggle it on or off. I've turned off the Bluetooth services etc but still it won't go off. Bit unsure why...