Windows 10: Question Regarding Forced Upgrades

Discus and support Question Regarding Forced Upgrades in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The clowns at Microsoft live chat (poor source) claim this is possible, so I thought I'd check here. The latest version of Windows 10 Pro, of course,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JimSputnik, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Question Regarding Forced Upgrades

The clowns at Microsoft live chat (poor source) claim this is possible, so I thought I'd check here. The latest version of Windows 10 Pro, of course, is 1709. Can I set it up so the next build of Windows 10 Pro doesn't get downloaded and installed, but I still get the updates? Thanks.

Jim

:)

JimSputnik, Feb 20, 2018

2. Questions regarding after upgrade

1-Will i have to put some CD to store my older version of windows

2-What happens after the period of 1 year is over

3-What will happen to all the data i have in my windows 8

4-Will the settings remain the same or will they be changed

AhmadNawaz4420, Feb 20, 2018
  3. Questions regarding after upgrade

1)No, the backup would b created on your hard drive itself.

2)Windows 10 is free for lifetime, if you upgrade your existing system within 1 year.

3)All the data,files and programs will remain intact and work with Windows 10.However a good idea would be to backup your files before the upgrade.

4)All of your settings will also remain the same.

Hope it helps and do reply back for any questions.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 20, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Question Regarding Forced Upgrades

Not forever but for a while, quite some time actually.

In Pro you can defer Features Updates (which is Microsoft's name for an upgrade to the next version). See this tutorial.

*Arrow Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

If you have 1709 Pro, then switch from Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) (default) to Semi-Annual Channel you will not get the next version of Windows until the one after that is released (some six month later). In 1703 you had the same options, but the channel names were different, to defer select Current Branch for Business.

In addition, you can further delay a Features Update for up to 365 days.

You will still get the Quality Updates (the cumulative updates). They have their own separate defer settings, so if you don't touch those they will still be delivered as normal.

You will be able to defer Features Updates for up to 18 months that way. That is the supported life of a build, so you'll have to update after that if you want the get security fixes - there won't be any more cumulative updates once end of support is reached. For 1709 that will be April 9, 2019.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...cle-fact-sheet

5. Thank you. That's good info.

JimSputnik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Question Regarding Forced Upgrades

1. Question Regarding Forced Upgrades - Similar Threads - Question Regarding Forced

2. A question regarding BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A question regarding BIOS: Hi , Good evening! I am having a problem with my windows 10 bios HP pavilion laptop. My bios doesnt have the advanced tab and whenever i follow a tutorial from google or YouTube it always plays a beep sound. Any help will be appreciated and please tell me how i can unlock the...
  3. Question regarding BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding BSoD: Hello!whenever I start my laptop, it shows BSoD RTKVHD64.sys and not booting I want to recover my data but the laptop shows the blue screen and it starts again and again but not letting me to have a backup of my data ....
  4. Question regarding WMIC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding WMIC: I'm looking to upgrade my laptop RAM ASUS X441BA, so I want to check my capacity first.I typed in on cmd:wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices I got the outputMaxCapacity MemoryDevices 4194304 2What does this mean?Do I have 4194304 kilobytes 4.1GB to fit in within 2...
  5. Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade: I have the notification that I can upgrade to W11 22H2 in updates services.I 'm currently running W10 Pro because I utilize Hyper-V.Does the upgrade to W11 22H2 automatically put me on the Pro version or does it dump me to Home?...
  6. Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade: I have the notification that I can upgrade to W11 22H2 in updates services.I 'm currently running W10 Pro because I utilize Hyper-V.Does the upgrade to W11 22H2 automatically put me on the Pro version or does it dump me to Home?...
  7. Question regarding taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question regarding taskbar: I currently have a three monitor setup and I only want two taskbar, is it possible to do that in Window? submitted by /u/ToSaKuMiRK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/krb8o2/question_regarding_taskbar/
  8. Question Regarding Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Regarding Bluetooth: Hi guys. Just a quick question as i can't seem to find an answer on the web. I'm on latest November build for W10 Pro and Bluetooth is automatically on with no option to toggle it on or off. I've turned off the Bluetooth services etc but still it won't go off. Bit unsure why...
  9. Question regarding upgrade options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding upgrade options.: So this has been a nightmare for me. I always prefer a clean installation but this seems almost impossible unless you buy the product. This will be my 4th attempt at Win10. The first time I did the "Refresh my pc" option after I upgraded. It corrupted in the middle lost it...
  10. Question regarding upgrade path

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding upgrade path: This question may be way early... but I'll ask anyway. *Smile Is it known whether the upgrade path from Windows 7 or 8 to 10 will include the option of a clean install? I have, in the past, always done clean installs rather than OS upgrades and much prefer it this way. The...