Windows 10: Question Regarding Formatting Play Order from Windows Media to USB to play on Car Stereo

Discus and support Question Regarding Formatting Play Order from Windows Media to USB to play on Car Stereo in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a question similar to other questions regarding formatting song order - from Windows Media - to a USB drive to play on a car stereo. I have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bookworm98_457, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Question Regarding Formatting Play Order from Windows Media to USB to play on Car Stereo

I have a question similar to other questions regarding formatting song order - from Windows Media - to a USB drive to play on a car stereo. I have done the whole re-name thing that was suggested, but the car system or really anything that ISN'T Windows Media, seems to pull it from root directories. Most things I have on my computer were transferred from my old CD collections. Must I take the songs OUT of the root folders on my computer in order for the renaming to take? Or will they still pull from some weird code embedded in the original song? Thank you.

:)

bookworm98_457, Aug 2, 2020
  2. 19stands Win User

What USB format to play mp3 on my car Pioneer stereo player?

What USB format to play mp3 on my car Pioneer stereo player?

19stands, Aug 2, 2020
  3. How to burn an MP3 cd in Windows Media Player that will play in my car stereo?

How to burn an MP3 cd in Windows Media Player that will play in my car stereo?

Moved From:

puddlepuff, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Question Regarding Formatting Play Order from Windows Media to USB to play on Car Stereo

Best file system for flash drive (playing music in car)

First of all, the best file-system is always the default that the manafacture has set. Most common format is FAT32. Formating your flash dirve should only be done when you planning to do something specific or its needed cause it's not compatible with some operating systems etc.

In your case FAT32 would be the best cause it's very compatible with media-player devices like radios, consoles etc. but there could be problems with some larger files cause FAT32 supports only up to 4gb. I would try it with exFAT it's the next best one that should work with your car stereo. Next I
    would try other most common like HFS+, NTFS, APFS, EX2/3/4 ... Google says more about file system comparsion!

The next question would be the cluster size. If you want to store large files on that drive, a large cluster size is better as the drive will be faster. If, however, you want to store small files or run programs off your flash drive, a smaller cluster size will help preserve space. But more about that you can find here. Doing for all that I have very good experience with a tool called Partition Wizard

Useful Articles:

Stackcraft_noob, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Question Regarding Formatting Play Order from Windows Media to USB to play on Car Stereo

1. Question Regarding Formatting Play Order from Windows Media to USB to play on Car Stereo - Similar Threads - Question Regarding Formatting

2. Media file won't play from a USB SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media file won't play from a USB SSD.: Windows 11 homecore i7 processor62TB SSD USB attachedI have many media files copied to the USB drive. The first several play successfully, but later added media files won't play on Windows Media Player. I've done a file comparison from the original to the copy on the SSD and...
  3. Media file won't play from a USB SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media file won't play from a USB SSD.: Windows 11 homecore i7 processor62TB SSD USB attachedI have many media files copied to the USB drive. The first several play successfully, but later added media files won't play on Windows Media Player. I've done a file comparison from the original to the copy on the SSD and...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo: I have a pair of Bose NC 700 headphones. They work in stereo when connected to my iPhone but when connected to my PC, they only play in mono. I previously had a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones which worked in stereo on my PC. When I check it in Bluetooth & Devices, it...
  5. Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo: I have a pair of Bose NC 700 headphones. They work in stereo when connected to my iPhone but when connected to my PC, they only play in mono. I previously had a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones which worked in stereo on my PC. When I check it in Bluetooth & Devices, it...
  6. Window Media Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Media Play: Hi. I have a window 7. This a.m. I was able to look at the pictures in my Window Media Player. Now the pictures are gone. Can I retrieve them ? Help is appreciated. Them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-play/ff8be338-9756-4b0a-9e2b-c9c6931a754d
  7. Laptop not playing music in stereo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not playing music in stereo: I just got a new laptop to use in our church sound booth. I need it to play stereo audio files where the left channel is a click track which only the musicians should hear and the right channel is music which the congregation should hear through the loudspeakers. The sound...
  8. Headphones not playing stereo sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not playing stereo sound: Hi, recently my headphones broke and I bought a pair of headphones (JBL Live 650btnc) and when I am playing games like csgo, rainbow six siege etc it doesn't have left and right stereo and combines it into one channel. I have done research and I can't seem to find anything to...
  9. What USB format to play mp3 on my car Pioneer stereo player?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What USB format to play mp3 on my car Pioneer stereo player?: What USB format to play mp3 on my car Pioneer stereo player? 143010
  10. Media not playing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media not playing.: So video and music is not playing on my computer, either on a browser or content off my hard drives. Also I cant run audio off my DAW. Everything else seems to be working fine. Web pages opening with pictures and video thumb nails. Windows 10 Cheers...