Windows 10: Question regarding Login to my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Question regarding Login to my Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am confused as to what login I should be using for my Microsoft Account. I have different logins for Live.com and for Outlook.com - i.e different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frost King, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Question regarding Login to my Microsoft Account

I am confused as to what login I should be using for my Microsoft Account. I have different logins for Live.com and for Outlook.com - i.e different email addresses and passwords.

Should I be using my Live.com login or my Outlook.com login or does it not matter?

Would it be best to edit one of the accounts to make the email address the same for both?

Thank you for your time.

:)

Frost King, Mar 3, 2019

2. Microsoft Officially Launches Outlook.com

Outlook e-mail does not have Multi-factor authentication in the strictest sense - at least when compared to GMail. However if you try to change anything "personal" about your Microsoft/Live account, then it will ask for a temp code it texts to your phone.

So, yes and no in regards to your question. No, it doesn't require two-factor authentication to log-in, but if you go and try your change some "critical" account settings, it will ask you for a second step of verification. However, in regards to whether the e-mail service specifically offers two-step authentication for login; the answer would be no.

Solidstate89, Mar 3, 2019
  3. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Question regarding Login to my Microsoft Account

Unable to login with microsoft account

Hi,

Issues with signing in to a Microsoft account are usually happening due
    the two-step verification is turned on or you are traveling or using a new device.
    For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the sign in issue upon logging in to your computer?
    • Are you having the same error when you are trying to sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser? If yes, is the same issue happening even when you are using other web browsers?
    • Have you made any changes to your account before this issue occurred?
    • What changes have you made to your computer prior to having this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you read and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on these links:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Question regarding Login to my Microsoft Account

1. Question regarding Login to my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Question regarding Login

2. A further question regarding the question - was my computer hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A further question regarding the question - was my computer hacked?: Some of the following information/activity was asked by me in an earlier question. This is an update.I believe my computer was hacked which resulted in fraudulent activity with my accounts with two major retailers. It started with finding 27 items in my recycle bin that I...
  3. Question in regards to the affects of unlinking my previous windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question in regards to the affects of unlinking my previous windows account.: I have re installed windows and have and my microsoft account is still linked and showing my previous PC name on log in. If i unlink the account how will that affect my new windows OS as far as admin access installed programs etc?For example my MSI centre will now not let me...
  4. Question in regards to the affects of unlinking my previous windows account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question in regards to the affects of unlinking my previous windows account.: I have re installed windows and have and my microsoft account is still linked and showing my previous PC name on log in. If i unlink the account how will that affect my new windows OS as far as admin access installed programs etc?For example my MSI centre will now not let me...
  5. Regarding my main Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding my main Microsoft account.: I had a microsoft account on the email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I had gone on vacation for two days. After two days when i came back on the microsoft account website it shows that you don't have a microsoft account. I haven't received any email saying...
  6. Regarding my main Microsoft account.

Regarding my main Microsoft account.: I had a microsoft account on the email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I had gone on vacation for two days. After two days when i came back on the microsoft account website it shows that you don't have a microsoft account. I haven't received any email saying...
  7. regarding 2 microsoft accounts

regarding 2 microsoft accounts: i have 2 microsoft accounts .one is new and one is old. i want my old account for my pc and i want new for my new office . but problem is that , i have only one common mobile no. for both microsoft account verifications. how can i link these 2 microsoft accounts with same...
  8. regarding 2 microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regarding 2 microsoft accounts: i have 2 microsoft accounts .one is new and one is old. i want my old account for my pc and i want new for my new office . but problem is that , i have only one common mobile no. for both microsoft account verifications. how can i link these 2 microsoft accounts with same...
  9. regarding my account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    regarding my account: I opened my cmd and typed =net user administrator /active:yes,and logged in my administrator account.I sign out my account and logged in with my default account.but after login,I found that everything was missing which i installed on my desktop,i lost my all accounts like...
  10. Question regarding my Motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question regarding my Motherboard: Hello all, I have a question regarding my MoBo. I'm planning on getting some Ram sticks since mine is pretty outdated, but I can't seem to find it on PC Part Picker which lets you know whats compatible with it. My Speccy says this, and I've done some research, but all it does...