Windows 10: Question Regarding My Laptop's Camera Driver

Discus and support Question Regarding My Laptop's Camera Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I am having a problem trying to turn my integrated camera back on my laptop. This all started when I tried to join a zoom meeting and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DevinHunter2, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Question Regarding My Laptop's Camera Driver

Hello all,

I am having a problem trying to turn my integrated camera back on my laptop. This all started when I tried to join a zoom meeting and my camera was not turning on. Once the meeting was over, I opened the camera app and received this message The error message will be appended at the bottom. After I got this message, I followed this video step-by-step to try and resolve the issue. I removed the camera from my laptop's device manager and now I cannot find a way to reinstall the camera driver so that it appears again on my device manager and the camera still produces the error message. The type of laptop that I have is a Dell G5 5590 Laptop. Please let me know if you have any extra questions or concerns. Thank you in advance for any help that you can give! Question Regarding My Laptop's Camera Driver dc020fc7-4585-4a16-9b7a-7c07c1824e35?upload=true.png

:)

DevinHunter2, Aug 17, 2020
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for providing the results after completing the steps we provided. Since you're still getting the error message “Your camera cannot be found” along with the error code "0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)", we suggest that you follow the steps below
    to reset the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer:

• Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    • From the options presented select System, then click on
      Apps & features
      located on the left pane.
    • Locate the Camera app from the list and select it.
    • Select the Advanced options link and then choose Reset.
    • When the pop-up notification is shown just click on the Reset
      button once more.
    • Once all the steps are complete, kindly reboot your computer.

Completing this steps will clear the cache of the Camera app and allow it to re-recognize any video capture devices connected to your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Question Regarding My Laptop's Camera Driver

Laptop Camera

Thanks for the update on the troubleshooting steps that you have completed and the results. Since you mentioned that the error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00DABED) is now showing on your computer when you attempted to use the webcam, we suggest that you download
    the latest available device driver from the website of the webcam's manufacturer. After you download the later device driver, kindly follow the steps below to manually update the device driver on your computer:

• To open the Device Manager on your computer, kindly type
      Device Manager
      in the search box, and then select Device Manager
      in the results.
    • Expand Imaging devices.
    • Right-click the camera that's not working correctly, and then select
      Properties
    • In the camera's properties window, select the Driver tab near the top of the properties window and then click on
      Update Driver.
    • Select Browse my computer for driver software then choose
      Let me pick from the list of device drivers. Afterwards, follow the on-screen instructions. This might include restarting your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Question Regarding My Laptop's Camera Driver

1. Question Regarding My Laptop's Camera Driver - Similar Threads - Question Regarding Laptop's

2. I have a question regarding a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question regarding a new laptop: Hi.... I have a new proline laptop.... I am stuck trying to login after setting it up.... Im stuck on the pin setting.... It just keep loading non stop..... I don't know what to do...
  3. I have a question regarding a new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question regarding a new laptop: Hi.... I have a new proline laptop.... I am stuck trying to login after setting it up.... Im stuck on the pin setting.... It just keep loading non stop..... I don't know what to do...
  4. Question Regarding My Display Driver Dates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question Regarding My Display Driver Dates: I decided to update my Nvidia GPU driver to Version 536.23, which Windows installed on my computer originally on the 15th of August. however the dates on the driver are getting me confusedGeForce Experience and the Nvidia website are telling me that 536.23 came out on the...
  5. Question Regarding My Display Driver Dates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Regarding My Display Driver Dates: I decided to update my Nvidia GPU driver to Version 536.23, which Windows installed on my computer originally on the 15th of August. however the dates on the driver are getting me confusedGeForce Experience and the Nvidia website are telling me that 536.23 came out on the...
  6. Question Regarding My Display Driver Dates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. A further question regarding the question - was my computer hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A further question regarding the question - was my computer hacked?: Some of the following information/activity was asked by me in an earlier question. This is an update.I believe my computer was hacked which resulted in fraudulent activity with my accounts with two major retailers. It started with finding 27 items in my recycle bin that I...
  8. A further question regarding the question - was my computer hacked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A further question regarding the question - was my computer hacked?: Some of the following information/activity was asked by me in an earlier question. This is an update.I believe my computer was hacked which resulted in fraudulent activity with my accounts with two major retailers. It started with finding 27 items in my recycle bin that I...
  9. Regarding camera

Regarding camera: I recently bought MSI GL63 8RD. Yesterday the camera was working fine but when i tried today it shows me an error 0xA00F4292[ATTACH] I tried restatrest my device and also uninstalling driver from device manager and then scam for hardware change. Pls tell me how to solve...
  10. Question regarding my Motherboard

Question regarding my Motherboard: Hello all, I have a question regarding my MoBo. I'm planning on getting some Ram sticks since mine is pretty outdated, but I can't seem to find it on PC Part Picker which lets you know whats compatible with it. My Speccy says this, and I've done some research, but all it does...