Windows 10: Question regarding Photo viewers

Discus and support Question regarding Photo viewers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I'm experiencing a problem... When I save a photo to my hard drive after I have picked a folder and click on "Save," the Photo Viewer will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TSusala, Nov 6, 2016.

1. TSusala Win User

Question regarding Photo viewers

Hello

I'm experiencing a problem...
    When I save a photo to my hard drive after I have picked a folder and click on "Save," the Photo Viewer will pop up with that photo.
    Regardless of the web page or content, if the picture is a Jpeg, JPG. or PNG after I save to the hard drive the photo will appear in a popped up Picture Viewer

Any help would be most appreciated

:)

TSusala, Nov 6, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Question regarding Event Viewer

Far be it from me to stick my nose in between you and your friend. Instead, I'll explain about Event Viewer.

Event Viewer is a gigantic log of what goes on in your computer. Some of what it records are errors at the time, but that doesn't mean they're problems or you have to solve them.

I'll give an example: You flush your toilet and immediately receive a message saying "Error - tank has insufficient water." Well yes, of course, what did you expect? And it is a problem at that exact moment, but you know that error message is nothing
    to worry about.

Event Viewer is the same way. It records factual information at the moment, but that doesn't mean you should immediately act on it. If you read through the errors and warnings, and invest some time to figure out what they mean, you'll discover that yes,
    they are errors, technically, but they don't really mean anything.

For this reason I stopped reading Event Viewer long ago. Which isn't to say that Event Viewer has no value. On the contrary, if your computer has a problem, and the problem occurs as a discrete event, like a blue screen, Event Viewer can often provide you
    with important pieces of information that can help you diagnose what happened (if you pick the correct event to analyze.)

Event Viewer and other error reporting tools were not really meant for mortals like us. They were written primarily for software developers and debuggers that use the information to see technical details about the applications execution.

BulldogXX, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Question regarding Event Viewer

As you know even viewer likes to report errors, however I noticed two kinds of errors: the errors that are marked with an exclamation points, and "Windows error reporting"

A friend told me the later ones are errors that Windows solved(Windows error reporting), and the other ones are errors Windows couldn't solve (Errors with red symbol and the exclamation mark)

So is my friend right?

Monica Naranjos, Nov 6, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

It is all about associating what program you want to handle files. Control Panel > Default Programs has always been how you change the association.

bro67, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Question regarding Photo viewers - Similar Threads - Question regarding Photo

2. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Viewer: My photos are resizing automatically. I have photos saved to an external drive. When I view a single photo from the drive the photo shows at the size it was saved. However if I access the drive through explorer to view all of the photos in the file they start resizing after 2...
  3. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer: My photos are resizing automatically. I have photos saved to an external drive. When I view a single photo from the drive the photo shows at the size it was saved. However if I access the drive through explorer to view all of the photos in the file they start resizing after 2...
  4. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Viewer: When I try to open a photo specifically a jpeg file from Explorer I get an error message that says something like the Error Message below:The default apps setting for .jpg is the Windows Photo Viewer app:How do I get the system to recognize and open the Photos Viewer...
  5. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: I use Windows Photo Viewer and recently it's shortcut in the taskbar disappeared,not sure but could be due to a recent windows update,when I open Photo Viewer from file explorer the shortcut doesn't appear in the taskbar,any way I can resolve this TIA Windows Version No 20H2...
  6. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo viewer: Can this piece of literal shit get any worse? Most notable issues: - Random massive memory leaks which consume your system's entire memory and grinds everything to a halt unless you realize what's going on quickly enough and force close it. - Literally can't handle opening...
  7. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo viewer: Hi! This problem is listed as resolved in the forum, but the given solutions did not work for me. I have Photos the preferred MS app for this function selected as my default Photo Viewer and yet I cannot open .jpg files. Why doesn't the MS product work with Windows 10?...
  8. photo viewer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    photo viewer: can i use previous photo viewer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewer/0103b8e3-3467-4987-8c9b-fda3bcbf725f"
  9. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: After a recent update I can no longer use the photo viewer, the tile does not respond and nothing happens when I pop my SD card in. I used it with no problems on windows 8.1. I have tried various settings using auto play to no avail. 25474
  10. Photo Viewer Question

Photo Viewer Question: I am finding it impossible to copy and paste from Photos. Am I overlooking something? I want to watermark my images, and am unable to, without emailing them to me, downloading them, then uploading them to my watermark program...too many steps! *Rolleyes Also...it there a...