Windows 10: Question regarding RAM usage

Discus and support Question regarding RAM usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been having a problem regarding my RAM recently. A few weeks ago I found the 8GB (2x4GB) of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chunky_UwU, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Question regarding RAM usage

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been having a problem regarding my RAM recently. A few weeks ago I found the 8GB (2x4GB) of DDR3 memory my pc was running on wasnt enough. To delay getting a new pc untill i can get my hands on one if the new ryzen 5000 CPUs, I upgraded my memory with another set of 4GB sticks, identical to the ones i had already, to 16GB. The RAM appears ti be working fine, however, the problem is that my PC suddenly started using 12GB of RAM while idle. When i open my task manager I see dozens if not hundreds of processes called Servicehost, each using up to 20MB of ram. A process called System Guard Runtime Monitor Broker-service is also using 182MB. Any advice on how to solve this?

submitted by /u/Chunky_UwU
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chunky_UwU, Nov 3, 2020

2. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 3, 2020
  3. knute97 Win User
    Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Nov 3, 2020
  4. eshiejamz Win User

Question regarding RAM usage

eshiejamz, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Question regarding RAM usage

1. Question regarding RAM usage - Similar Threads - Question regarding RAM

2. regarding website usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regarding website usage: www.example.org normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to www.example.org this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.example.org , or a Wi-Fi...
  3. RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  4. Regarding RAM Usage of dwm.exe process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding RAM Usage of dwm.exe process: Hello everyone, Today I am here with a very common issue but I need to address it.The dwm.exeDesktop Window Manager consumes a lot of memory and at an average it consumes around 100 MBwhich is quite more than I have ever observed in my older laptop. I am addressing this issue...
  5. Regarding RAM Usage of dwm.exe process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding RAM Usage of dwm.exe process: Hello everyone, Today I am here with a very common issue but I need to address it.The dwm.exeDesktop Window Manager consumes a lot of memory and at an average it consumes around 100 MBwhich is quite more than I have ever observed in my older laptop. I am addressing this issue...
  6. Regarding RAM Usage of dwm.exe process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. RAM usage

RAM usage: Hi I have 2 gb RAM and I am trying to run an app which recommends 4gb RAM so I set the virtual memory or the paging files to 2.5gb and I don't know if this enough or even would help so please I need an expert to answer...
  8. Regarding RAM usage,system hanging problem

Regarding RAM usage,system hanging problem: I am using only Chrome but my RAM usage is showing 3GB or more than 3GB out of 4GB in task manager and my system hangs and mostly it is very slow . Even if I did not use any application or software my RAM usage is showing above 2.6 GB.Also when I have cleared the cache it is...
  9. Windows Defender questionable RAM usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender questionable RAM usage: So I decided to use built-in Windows Defender and Malwarebytes free as my second opinion scanner, I just would like to make sure that there's nothing wrong with these values of the Windows Defender RAM memory usage, it goes from 120-150MB when in idle mode, I have 16GB of...
  10. Windows Defender questionable RAM usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender questionable RAM usage: So I decided to use built-in Windows Defender and Malwarebytes free as my second opinion scanner, I just would like to make sure that there's nothing wrong with these values of the Windows Defender RAM memory usage, it goes from 120-150MB when in idle mode, I have 16GB of...