Windows 10: Question regarding reinstalling windows

Discus and support Question regarding reinstalling windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI there. Its that time of the year that ill format C so stuff run smoother. This time though i have added 4 more drivesD, F, H, I. So, if i select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shiroxige, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Shiroxige Win User

Question regarding reinstalling windows

HI there. Its that time of the year that ill format C so stuff run smoother. This time though i have added 4 more drivesD, F, H, I.

So, if i select reset windows and delete files will it delete stuff ONLY in C, where windows are, or will it delete the other 4 drives too?

What i want to do basically, is delete EVERYTHING ON C, my windows drive, while keeping EVERYTHING on the other 4 drives. Also do i need an iso to install windows again from usb, or does the reset option reinstall them on its own?

:)

Shiroxige, Apr 20, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Question regarding reinstalling windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Jerry T Win User
    Questions regarding sysprep and capture in MDT

I have a question regarding the sysprep and capture function in MDT 2013.

I have done a sysprep & capture on a Windows 10x64 machine with software and drivers included using MDT.

So the next step I did was to deploy the captured .iso file onto a new machine which had the usual configuration steps including setting up the computer name, timezone and keyboard layout etc and everything was start up fine and all the software and drivers were also configured & installed properly.

However, the issue is that machine's SID and computer name were completely the same as the one I ran the sysprep & capture on. Was this supposed to be like this? Because I did some research and a sysprep is supposed to change the SID as it is treated as a new machine. Also, I did configure a new computer name for the machine during the deployment setup but I have no idea why its the same name as the other machine.
    I would appreciate any answers given. Thank you.

Jerry T, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Reinstall System Image Question

Reinstall System Image Question –
    When saving a system image in Windows 10, it saves it as “Windows Image Backup.” I then add the date to the listing and save it. Therefore, I have a list of backups that read like “Windows Image Backup 9-4-19.”
    So, this is my question.
    If I need to reinstall my system image, does Windows allow me to choose any of the backups in my list to reinstall?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Question regarding reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - Question regarding reinstalling

2. Question regarding reinstalling of Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding reinstalling of Windows.: Hello everybody!!My question is if I do a complete reinstall of my Windows 11 using ISO how am I supposed to get my device drivers and all the Intel drivers and NVIDIA drivers and all the utilities back just like the way I bought my PC in a new condition...For e.g. these...
  3. Question regarding reinstalling of Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question regarding reinstalling of Windows.: Hello everybody!!My question is if I do a complete reinstall of my Windows 11 using ISO how am I supposed to get my device drivers and all the Intel drivers and NVIDIA drivers and all the utilities back just like the way I bought my PC in a new condition...For e.g. these...
  4. Questions Regarding Reinstallation of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions Regarding Reinstallation of Windows 10.: Hello. Im here because I am unsure how to go about this process. As the headliner gave away, Im looking to reinstall Windows 10 through a Recovery File. Why ? I need to replace my Hard Drive due to it needing to be replaced for various reasons. Now, I know how to make a...
  5. Question regarding Windows builds.

Question regarding Windows builds.: I'm currently running an Insider build that expires soon, so I backed up my C: drive and my D: drive to an external hard drive. I want to switch over to a new, stable build. Would it work if I copied the files on the hard drive to the new build, even if it was a completely...
  6. Question regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding windows 10: I am running an hp PC with windows 10 running in it And facing some issues I wan't to do a system restore But the problem is that if I do it then I will get back to windows 8 as it was my original os and I upgraded it to windows 10 during free update period ... So the...
  7. Regarding Reinstalling Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Regarding Reinstalling Windows 10.: So, recently my laptop crashed and now its unable to boot up. I watched some tutorials regarding its fixing but nothing worked and the only solution seems to use USB with windows iso downloaded from media creation tool. So I watched some tutorials regarding how to reinstall...
  8. Broken windows 10 install. Question Regarding reinstall

Broken windows 10 install. Question Regarding reinstall: So as the title suggests I somehow or another broke my windows install. I tried shutting down my pc but I would just go the lock screen every time I tried so I ended up shutting it down with the command prompt but when I turned it back on I was getting an error message “”. I...
  9. question regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question regarding windows 10: Is there any App (preferably free) that will work with Windows 10 that can create photo collages.?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-regarding-windows-10/6413a3cf-7b66-4c46-9ae8-4fcae635c385
  10. Question Regarding Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Regarding Bluetooth: Hi guys. Just a quick question as i can't seem to find an answer on the web. I'm on latest November build for W10 Pro and Bluetooth is automatically on with no option to toggle it on or off. I've turned off the Bluetooth services etc but still it won't go off. Bit unsure why...