Windows 10: Question regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition

Discus and support Question regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have around 600 GB in my C drive of which around 300 GB is free. I wanted to make a partition of 200 GB but due to some unmovable files, I can also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maverick_3001, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Question regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition

I have around 600 GB in my C drive of which around 300 GB is free. I wanted to make a partition of 200 GB but due to some unmovable files, I can also split 24 GB. I talked to a cousin regarding using 3rd party partition software and he told me that some files in his PC were deleted using 3rd party and he has to reinstall windows so I'm a bit reluctant to use 3rd party. If I use the Reset this PC option and erase all data, will I be able to partition my C drive then?

submitted by /u/maverick_3001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maverick_3001, Nov 10, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 10, 2020
  3. hard drive partition problem

Hi Azhar,

We would like to know more information regarding your hard drive partition concern. For better assistance, kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you want to boot your computer from partition (DQuestion regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition :) or
      (EQuestion regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition :)
      ? If yes, are you encountering any issues with the default boot drive
      (CQuestion regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition :)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Question regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CQuestion regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Question regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition

1. Question regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition - Similar Threads - Question regarding Reset

2. Partitioning of C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitioning of C Drive: I have 210 GB free space with a C drive of 251 GB. I have been trying to create a separate partition of 100 GB and 151 GB will be left on C drive. I find that shrink volume is only 1.50 GB. Pease help me if it is possible to partition and what steps do I need to follow....
  3. Question regarding Reset This PC process and C drive partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question regarding Reset This PC process and C drive partition: I have around 300 GB of free space in my C drive out of which I wanted to make a new drive of 200 GB. However I couldn't as some immoveable files are there. I searched online and wasn't satisfied with the solutions I found. I wanted to know if I select the Reset This PC...
  4. Question regarding shrinking C-Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question regarding shrinking C-Drive: I have over 300 GB in my C drive but am only allowed to shrink around 24 GB. I watched a few videos on YouTube to fix this issue and all of them are telling me to Disable Page file. However on Google it says that disabling Page file can make my laptop run less efficiently. Is...
  5. Partition of the drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partition of the drive c: I have purchased a laptop with memory 1 TB, NOW IN C drive 908 Gb in whcih 883 free available in c drive, now i want to make partition of c drive like on c drive 200 GB AND remaining in d and e drive each 340Gb , but when shrinking the existing drive showing the fillowing...
  6. c drive partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    c drive partition: Hi I'm using DELL Vostro 5468. it came preinstalled with windows 10. I got 405 GB free (out of 462 GB ) in my C drive. I wish to use 200 GB for Ubuntu which I'm going to use with dual boot. The issue is I cant shrink the C drive , when I try to shrink it says only 1.2 GB...
  7. C drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive partition: I recently bought a new laptop, which has windows 10 home single language inbuilt. It has only C drive and no other partitions at the time of purchase. Now I want to make C into more partitions, But it is not possible to split the C drive. I have tried so many times by Disk...
  8. Partitions on C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions on C Drive: I am not sure how or when this occurred but I somehow seem to have ended up with 2 Healthy (recovery partition) both of which are different sizes. [img] I assume I don't need both, but how do I determine which is being used? Anyone?? TIA 45965
  9. A question about file systems on C drive partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A question about file systems on C drive partitions: A while back I was surprised to see 13 partitions on the C drive of my small hybrid device, but I was devised it was not uncommon or a problem. I have just noticed (using Speccy) that some partitions have NTFS while others have FAT and FAT 32. I was expecting them to be all...
  10. A Question Regarding Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Question Regarding Factory Reset: I Initially had a Windows 7 PC. Then I got the free update to Windows 10 Home a while ago like a lot of people did. My PC has been running really slow for a while now, and so I've been considering just wiping it clean through a factory reset. But I was wondering if doing that...