Windows 10: Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer

Discus and support Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I perform a search in File Explorer such as the one below, there is a "Search Tools" tab displayed. Then I save the search. ext:.mp4 OR .mov,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zBernie, May 13, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer

When I perform a search in File Explorer such as the one below, there is a "Search Tools" tab displayed. Then I save the search.

ext:.mp4 OR .mov, modified:2/1/2015 .. 2/28/2015

Now when I double click on the saved search, it finds the same files, but there is no "Search Tools" tab shown. So you can't do things like "Open file location".

Is there any way to display the "Search Tools" tab after running a saved search?

-Thanks

:)

zBernie, May 13, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, May 13, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 13, 2020
  4. Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer

File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer

1. Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Question regarding saved

2. regarding file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regarding file explorer: recently i installed an application on my windows 11 pc named "Files" which redesigned the file explorer but when i uninstalled that application i am not able to access file explorer it shows an unusual message like in the photo provided please help me as i have important...
  3. regarding file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regarding file explorer: recently i installed an application on my windows 11 pc named "Files" which redesigned the file explorer but when i uninstalled that application i am not able to access file explorer it shows an unusual message like in the photo provided please help me as i have important...
  4. Regarding File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding File Explorer.: Please Help Me ?I Changed My Users Folder name By using following methods:In CMD net user Administrator/active:yeslog out and sign in with Administrator change name of users foldernow change registry “HKEY LOCAL MACHINE” - “SOFTWARE” - “MICROSOFT” - “WINDOWS NT” -...
  5. a question regarding itunes files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a question regarding itunes files: i was looking through my album artwork folder and inside of it were a bunch of folders with names like cache and customs and cloud and so on. i was hoping to get an explanation as to what these are? i’ve opened them and they just list a bunch of random numbers. any help would...
  6. 2 part question regarding 2004 and search

in Windows 10 Support
    2 part question regarding 2004 and search: I know MS broke the search feature in Windows Explorer, but I upgraded anyway, thought I could live with it. Now when I search I get this 'banner': [img] When I Click to turn on the index..., I get this: [img] Click this and I get this: [img] Click Turn on index and...
  7. Microsoft Explorer - Saved searches - problem accessing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Explorer - Saved searches - problem accessing files: Hi, I have an issue in Microsoft Explorer. In Quick Access I save frequently used search queries under "saved searches". The saved searches works without problem e.g. it displays a series of pdf-files in a series of folders ranked by of creation, but when I click on each...
  8. Question about File Explorer search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about File Explorer search: Currently, I'm on 1909. Is there a way to make it so it automatically starts searching as you type like it used to a while ago? If you don't understand what I mean, you could type in part of whatever folder or file you were looking for and as you typed out the name it would...
  9. Windows File Explorer Saved Searches

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows File Explorer Saved Searches: I do a "Save Search" in the Windows File Explorer. For example, "comments:2017" displays all of my files with 2017 in the Comments metadata field I've added prior. I have my current default view layout as "Details" when all the 2017 files are displayed. But when I do a Save...
  10. Question on File explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Question on File explorer: Maybe the answer is in the tutorials, but I couldn't find it. So How can I add the Move To command to file explorers pull down menu?? It is listed at the top, but not in the pull down menu. 22461