Windows 10: Question regarding shrinking C-Drive

Discus and support Question regarding shrinking C-Drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have over 300 GB in my C drive but am only allowed to shrink around 24 GB. I watched a few videos on YouTube to fix this issue and all of them are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maverick_3001, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Question regarding shrinking C-Drive

I have over 300 GB in my C drive but am only allowed to shrink around 24 GB. I watched a few videos on YouTube to fix this issue and all of them are telling me to Disable Page file. However on Google it says that disabling Page file can make my laptop run less efficiently. Is there any way I can shrink my C drive without disabling the Page file?

submitted by /u/maverick_3001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maverick_3001, Nov 1, 2020

2. shrink size of c drive while partitioning

Hello phaniphani,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Make sure you're signed in to administrator account and then try steps to shrink C drive.

Let me know, if you're still facing the issue after signing into admin account, I'll help you.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Nov 1, 2020
  3. Unable to shrink C: drive less that 480GB in Disk management on Windows 10.

Hi,

I bought a new laptop with 2TB HDD and able to shrink volume till 560GB and now I cannot shrink below.

I want to keep the OS drive of 150 GB and rest to be unallocated just for creating another volume when required.

Pls do help!!!

Regards,

Krishna

It does not show any error buts just the volume to be shrink is 0

KrishnaDarbha, Nov 1, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Question regarding shrinking C-Drive

Shrinking C: drive

Hi Krischankailee

Try defragmenting your C drive before attempting to shrink you drive, there may be some unmovable files that are causing this

If you still cannot shrink your C drive, due to the limited ability of Windows 10 partitioning, it may be best to use a 3rd party utility like the Free version of AOMEI Partition Assistant, which is fully featured and very capable . . .

DaveM121, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Question regarding shrinking C-Drive

1. Question regarding shrinking C-Drive - Similar Threads - Question regarding shrinking

2. A Question about Shrinking a Drive to another Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question about Shrinking a Drive to another Drive: Hello, my SSD has 480 gigs of memory and 194 gigs of it is given to drive C and the rest is drive D. I want to transfer only a short part of drive D to drive C, but as I look, I see that it is not possible and the whole drive D must be transferred to drive C, is it possible...
  3. A Question about Shrinking a Drive to another Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Question about Shrinking a Drive to another Drive: Hello, my SSD has 480 gigs of memory and 194 gigs of it is given to drive C and the rest is drive D. I want to transfer only a short part of drive D to drive C, but as I look, I see that it is not possible and the whole drive D must be transferred to drive C, is it possible...
  4. Shrinking C: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shrinking C: Drive: I want to shrink my C: drive but it seems that I can't shrink it beyond 17440mb. Why is that? I tried some solution. I disabled auto managing of page file for all drives. I even ran a SFC scan. But it is not solved. The picture is attached below: [ATTACH]...
  5. Shrinking volume of c drive

Shrinking volume of c drive: On shrinking volume off c drive free space:600+ gb, the available size for shrinking is 200 mb only . I have tried defragmenting but nothing happened. I want to create a new partition but the max size available for that is only 200 mb. Help!!!!...
  6. Question regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question regarding Reset this PC and C-Drive partition: I have around 600 GB in my C drive of which around 300 GB is free. I wanted to make a partition of 200 GB but due to some unmovable files, I can also split 24 GB. I talked to a cousin regarding using 3rd party partition software and he told me that some files in his PC were...
  7. Question regarding Reset This PC process and C drive partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question regarding Reset This PC process and C drive partition: I have around 300 GB of free space in my C drive out of which I wanted to make a new drive of 200 GB. However I couldn't as some immoveable files are there. I searched online and wasn't satisfied with the solutions I found. I wanted to know if I select the Reset This PC...
  8. My drive c is shrinking?

My drive c is shrinking?: So it has been a week that I notice my drive c is shrinking....is it normal? I got some error on my drive c about data loss but that caused by a force shutdown...and im not planning to reinstall my windows if that's your answer I don't have any important data expect main...
  9. Shrinking C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shrinking C: drive: Hi I am trying to shrink my C: drive so i can make a partition out of it but i can't seem to do it. When i shrink the drive it just loads when i try to check what's happening in the drive through defragment its stuck at 43% shrunk. Am i doing something wrong ?...
  10. shrink size of c drive while partitioning

shrink size of c drive while partitioning: Error "Access is denied" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shrink-size-of-c-drive-while-partitioning/9d56b50a-0b10-406b-bdd5-0bb96bdf9791"