Windows 10: Question regarding Surface Pro 4 and Windows 10 B: 1803

Discus and support Question regarding Surface Pro 4 and Windows 10 B: 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 3 Surface Pro 4's running Windows 10 1803 build, all three are experiencing the same issue and once we downloaded the 1803 build on them the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicholasJ38, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Question regarding Surface Pro 4 and Windows 10 B: 1803

I have 3 Surface Pro 4's running Windows 10 1803 build, all three are experiencing the same issue and once we downloaded the 1803 build on them the Quick Access stopped working. There is no error it acts as if it normally would upon pinning something to it minus the fact of anything linking/pinning.

Deleted the files residing in the following two folder paths

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

This produced no results for me. I tried multiple combinations of enabling and disabling Quick Access via the "Folder Options" menu in Windows Explorer with the same results as well. Out of frustration, I proceeded to find Quick Access in the Registry, but all the default values were set as they should be. This led me to believe this was an issue with my Images, so I recreated a vanilla 1803 Image for my Surface 4 and this also produced the same result for me.

Machines tested that do not have this issue but are indeed running the same Windows version and updates;

• Dell 5510
    • Dell 5520
    • Dell 7510
    • Dell 7520
    • Surface Laptop
    • Dell M4800
    • Dell M2800

Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

:)

NicholasJ38, Jul 19, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Question regarding Surface Pro 4 and Windows 10 B: 1803

Issues with the display of the Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the display of the surface pro. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the Display settings prior to this issue?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers on the system from the manufacturing website and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to uninstall the Display Drivers.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Display driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that
      and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer and install the latest driver from the manufacturer website.
    I also suggest you to refer the link on How do I fix desktop app display issues? For Surface and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...indows-store/app-display-issues?os=windows-10

Hope this helps regarding the display of the surface. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Question regarding Surface Pro 4 and Windows 10 B: 1803

1. Question regarding Surface Pro 4 and Windows 10 B: 1803 - Similar Threads - Question regarding Surface

2. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: I currently own a Surface Pro 4 i5/8gb/256gb that I am considering selling. I am planning to buy a used Surface Pro 4 that has i7/16gb/512gb as an upgrade. My question is: will I have to buy a copy of Windows 10 to install on the used Surface that I buy or do I somehow...
  3. Surface Pro 4 still on Windows 1803. Updates fails at 94%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 4 still on Windows 1803. Updates fails at 94%: I know this has most likely been disussed many times but I thought I'd at least try asking the question here. My Surface Pro 4 has tried mulitple times over the last year or so to update to the latest version of Windows. It always fails at the very end. It gets to 94%, then...
  4. Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro for Workstation

Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro for Workstation: I have a PC which I'll be upgrading to v1903 that is running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. Is the upgrade process the same as any other upgrade? I typically use the Windows media creation tool but is there a specific ISO or any special steps the differ from other versions...
  5. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  6. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  7. Windows 10 1803 Surface Pro 4 BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Windows 10 1803 Surface Pro 4 BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: I have the above model and yesterday I started getting the above mentioned error. Only 1 device was plugged in, Nikon D800E via USB I transferred my pictures to the Surface then closed the application. Then disconnected the camera. Not long after the error messages...
  8. Cursor flicker on surface pro 4 after installing 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor flicker on surface pro 4 after installing 1803: Cursor flicker appeared after installing 1803. Reverting to 1709 did not resolve the flicker. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cursor-flicker-on-surface-pro-4-after-installing/d985ee8d-71b8-4963-b357-cf106794d487
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft surface 4 pair surface mouse on windows 10 build 1803

2. surface pro 4 with windows 10 1803

3. Windows 10 enterprise version 1803 touch issue on Surafce Pro 4 and Surafce Pro 5

4. surface pro 4 1803 drivers,
  5. windows 10 1803 surface pro 4,
  6. surface pro 4 drivers 1803