Windows 10: Question regarding taskbar

Discus and support Question regarding taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I currently have a three monitor setup and I only want two taskbar, is it possible to do that in Window? submitted by /u/ToSaKuMiRK [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ToSaKuMiRK, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Question regarding taskbar

I currently have a three monitor setup and I only want two taskbar, is it possible to do that in Window?

submitted by /u/ToSaKuMiRK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ToSaKuMiRK, Jan 5, 2021

2. Issue regarding Taskbar icons

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to Taskbar icons not showing properly on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Does this happens only with File Explorer or any other icon on Taskbar?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method1:

Try re-registering Taskbar using PowerShell command and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Now type in the command and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Restart the PC.

Method 2:

Try changing the Settings for Recently opened items.

1. Press Windows + I to open
      Settings
    2. Now click on Personalization and click on
      Start.
    3. Under Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick Access.

In case the problem persists, try creating a new user account and check. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Jerry T Win User
    Questions regarding sysprep and capture in MDT

I have a question regarding the sysprep and capture function in MDT 2013.

I have done a sysprep & capture on a Windows 10x64 machine with software and drivers included using MDT.

So the next step I did was to deploy the captured .iso file onto a new machine which had the usual configuration steps including setting up the computer name, timezone and keyboard layout etc and everything was start up fine and all the software and drivers were also configured & installed properly.

However, the issue is that machine's SID and computer name were completely the same as the one I ran the sysprep & capture on. Was this supposed to be like this? Because I did some research and a sysprep is supposed to change the SID as it is treated as a new machine. Also, I did configure a new computer name for the machine during the deployment setup but I have no idea why its the same name as the other machine.
    I would appreciate any answers given. Thank you.

Jerry T, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Question regarding taskbar

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Question regarding taskbar

1. Question regarding taskbar - Similar Threads - Question regarding taskbar

2. Three questions regarding the entire taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three questions regarding the entire taskbar in Windows 11: Greetings Community,I was forced to upgrade to Win11 recently due to driver issues R7-7840HS doesn't come with graphic drivers for Win10, resulting in constant crashes. Now the system has left me with three major concerns:1 Is there a way to unfold all the tasks in the...
  3. Three questions regarding the entire taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Three questions regarding the entire taskbar in Windows 11: Greetings Community,I was forced to upgrade to Win11 recently due to driver issues R7-7840HS doesn't come with graphic drivers for Win10, resulting in constant crashes. Now the system has left me with three major concerns:1 Is there a way to unfold all the tasks in the...
  4. A question regarding BIOS

A question regarding BIOS: Hi , Good evening! I am having a problem with my windows 10 bios HP pavilion laptop. My bios doesnt have the advanced tab and whenever i follow a tutorial from google or YouTube it always plays a beep sound. Any help will be appreciated and please tell me how i can unlock the...
  5. A question regarding BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A question regarding BIOS: Hi , Good evening! I am having a problem with my windows 10 bios HP pavilion laptop. My bios doesnt have the advanced tab and whenever i follow a tutorial from google or YouTube it always plays a beep sound. Any help will be appreciated and please tell me how i can unlock the...
  6. Question regarding BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding BSoD: Hello!whenever I start my laptop, it shows BSoD RTKVHD64.sys and not booting I want to recover my data but the laptop shows the blue screen and it starts again and again but not letting me to have a backup of my data ....
  7. Question regarding BSoD

Question regarding BSoD: Hello!whenever I start my laptop, it shows BSoD RTKVHD64.sys and not booting I want to recover my data but the laptop shows the blue screen and it starts again and again but not letting me to have a backup of my data ....
  8. Question regarding WMIC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding WMIC: I'm looking to upgrade my laptop RAM ASUS X441BA, so I want to check my capacity first.I typed in on cmd:wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices I got the outputMaxCapacity MemoryDevices 4194304 2What does this mean?Do I have 4194304 kilobytes 4.1GB to fit in within 2...
  9. Question regarding WMIC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question regarding WMIC: I'm looking to upgrade my laptop RAM ASUS X441BA, so I want to check my capacity first.I typed in on cmd:wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices I got the outputMaxCapacity MemoryDevices 4194304 2What does this mean?Do I have 4194304 kilobytes 4.1GB to fit in within 2...
  10. Question Regarding Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Regarding Bluetooth: Hi guys. Just a quick question as i can't seem to find an answer on the web. I'm on latest November build for W10 Pro and Bluetooth is automatically on with no option to toggle it on or off. I've turned off the Bluetooth services etc but still it won't go off. Bit unsure why...