Windows 10: Question regarding the Microsoft Store and issues with the Xbox App

Discus and support Question regarding the Microsoft Store and issues with the Xbox App in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have had quite a few issues over the past few weeks with trying to get the Xbox App working again after removing, having been recommended to do so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/what51tmean, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Question regarding the Microsoft Store and issues with the Xbox App

So I have had quite a few issues over the past few weeks with trying to get the Xbox App working again after removing, having been recommended to do so due to an error. I have finally resolved the issue. However, when trying to install the outer worlds, from either it or the MS store, I cannot seem to find the option to do so. The MS store gives me the option to buy them, and includes the discount for having game pass, but no option to install. The app just lists the games, but there is no way to download them from within it, it just opens the MS store when I try, unlike every guide which talks about a game pass tab that lets me download them. Honestly, at this point I am getting a little tired of this, so some assistance would be appreciated. It shouldn't be this difficult.

submitted by /u/what51tmean
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/what51tmean, Dec 9, 2019

2. Xbox Insider Hub does not appear in the Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you signed in using the Microsoft account?
    3. Are you able to search for other apps on the Microsoft Store?

However, you may follow these steps to check if that helps.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the apps troubleshooter to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: You can also try to manually
    download the Xbox Insider Hub
    from the link.

Article for Reference.

Get the Xbox Insider Hub app

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 9, 2019
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Question regarding the Microsoft Store and issues with the Xbox App

Problem with xbox app on windows 10

Hi Thrainx,

Having a corrupted app file is one of the possible reasons why you're getting this error: 0x406 when trying to start the Xbox app. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset Xbox app from Settings.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps & features.
    4. Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Launch the Xbox app.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Question regarding the Microsoft Store and issues with the Xbox App

1. Question regarding the Microsoft Store and issues with the Xbox App - Similar Threads - Question regarding Microsoft

2. Issues with the Xbox app and Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issues with the Xbox app and Microsoft store: I recently activated a subscription of the Xbox Game Pass, but I cannot use it due to my Xbox lap not launching properly. When I start the Xbox app, it pops up with an error of 0x80070426, which apparently has something to do with an outdated version of Windows, but I have a...
  3. Microsoft store, xbox issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store, xbox issues.: Hello, i tried to download a new game on the xbox game pass but as i tried to download i got an error code. 0x80007422. i tried everything that came when i searched it up, and the last thing i was gonna try was to un install the app and download it. when i uninstalled it the...
  4. Microsoft store, xbox issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store, xbox issues.: Hello, i tried to download a new game on the xbox game pass but as i tried to download i got an error code. 0x80007422. i tried everything that came when i searched it up, and the last thing i was gonna try was to un install the app and download it. when i uninstalled it the...
  5. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store / Xbox App: Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will...
  6. Xbox app and microsoft store issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app and microsoft store issues: Hi! So when I wanted to play sea of theives I had to get the Xbox app. Tried to download it in the microsoft store but it got to 1% / 260 kB and stopped.. When I paused it or closed the store it just bugged out and I was unable to start the download again. Restarting my pc...
  7. Xbox app and microsoft store issues

Xbox app and microsoft store issues: Hi! So when I wanted to play sea of theives I had to get the Xbox app. Tried to download it in the microsoft store but it got to 1% / 260 kB and stopped.. When I paused it or closed the store it just bugged out and I was unable to start the download again. Restarting my pc...
  8. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app: I have two questions.1- If I reset Xbox app, does it cause all my games delete?2- If I reset Microsoft Store app, does it cause all my apps and games delete?...
  9. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app: I have two questions.1- If I reset Xbox app, does it cause all my games delete?2- If I reset Microsoft Store app, does it cause all my apps and games delete?...
  10. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app