Windows 10: Question Regarding the Win 10 Update Process

Discus and support Question Regarding the Win 10 Update Process in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, When downloading and installing a Win 10 update (in this case, Win 10 Cumulative Update KB4462919 for Version 1803), what is the sequence of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Carl, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Carl Win User

Question Regarding the Win 10 Update Process

Hello,

When downloading and installing a Win 10 update (in this case, Win 10 Cumulative Update KB4462919 for Version 1803), what is the sequence of events that are supposed to occur? To clarify, right now my computer is in the process of attempting to install this update and when I look at the real time status, it's going through this mini-sequence where it downloads the update, gives me a "Pending Install" status, starts installing it (where it usually gets up to 25 percent or so at which point it jumps to 100) and then repeats the process all over again (after spending some time with the "Initializing" status. Is this what it is supposed to do, or is it essentially caught in some kind of loop where it is downloading and installing the same part of the update over and over again. I would really appreciate some kind of guidance about this. Thanks.

:)

2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 10, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Question Regarding the Win 10 Update Process :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 10, 2018
  4. HiTech_32 Win User

How to set games process priority automatically without software on Win 10?

Hi to all,

I would like to know how to change the process priority of the games I play to automatically,but without any software on Win 10?

Please help me!
    Thanks to all in advance!
    Best regards!

HiTech_32, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Question Regarding the Win 10 Update Process - Similar Threads - Question Regarding Update

2. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...
  3. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...
  4. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Question Regarding 'Consent.exe' Process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Regarding 'Consent.exe' Process: I'm aware that consent.exe is part of the UAC that pops up whenever you go to start a program with administrative privileges, and that whenever you invoke it, the process will appear in Task Manager for about a second or 2 before disappearing againhowever, I've caught...
  6. Question Regarding 'Consent.exe' Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Regarding 'Consent.exe' Process: I'm aware that consent.exe is part of the UAC that pops up whenever you go to start a program with administrative privileges, and that whenever you invoke it, the process will appear in Task Manager for about a second or 2 before disappearing againhowever, I've caught...
  7. Question Regarding 'Consent.exe' Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Question regarding upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question regarding upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: Hello. I am thinking of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. If I purchase the new product key, do I have to do a full backup of my computer as if for a full upgrade or does the new product key just unlock the upgraded version?...
  9. Regarding win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding win 10 update: hello , I want to backup my win 10 image as i have updated my win 10 to creators edition. my question is, will this backup provide me the backup of updates i have done and after recovering my system back will i get the updates back or it will be a previous outdated version....
  10. question regarding using win 10 on replacement pc

in Windows 10 Support
    question regarding using win 10 on replacement pc: Hi folk. Its been a while since I was on here. Originally I upgraded my Win 7 to Win 10 when that option was available. The pc it was on has pretty much given up and I am replacing it with a new home build (the last one was also a home build). I remember at the time that we...