Windows 10: Question regarding the Windows 10 OEM version

Discus and support Question regarding the Windows 10 OEM version in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Few months ago I bought an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro for roughly around 1$ off eBay Everything's fine with it and the key is working, but soon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ashramnavivi, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Question regarding the Windows 10 OEM version

Few months ago I bought an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro for roughly around 1$ off eBay

Everything's fine with it and the key is working, but soon I'm planning to upgrade some parts of my system and probably do a new installation of Windows using Media Creation Tool

I want to know, to what OEM version is tied to (which component inside the PC), and am I able to re-use the same OEM key after re-installing Windows and such

:)

ashramnavivi, Jun 8, 2020

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jun 8, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Question regarding the Windows 10 OEM version

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Question regarding the Windows 10 OEM version

1. Question regarding the Windows 10 OEM version - Similar Threads - Question regarding OEM

2. REGARDING OEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REGARDING OEM: WEATHER WINDOWS 10 PRO OEM KEY WILL GET SUPPORT FROM MICROSOFT TEAM OR ONLY OEM NON SLP WILL GET https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-oem/75e9de28-3462-425b-93a4-79cfde5a9ae4
  3. REGARDING OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    REGARDING OEM: WEATHER WINDOWS 10 PRO OEM KEY WILL GET SUPPORT FROM MICROSOFT TEAM OR ONLY OEM NON SLP WILL GET https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-oem/75e9de28-3462-425b-93a4-79cfde5a9ae4
  4. REGARDING OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Questions Regarding Reinstallation of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions Regarding Reinstallation of Windows 10.: Hello. Im here because I am unsure how to go about this process. As the headliner gave away, Im looking to reinstall Windows 10 through a Recovery File. Why ? I need to replace my Hard Drive due to it needing to be replaced for various reasons. Now, I know how to make a...
  6. I have question regarding windows 10 version 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have question regarding windows 10 version 2004 update?: Hello, my family member just had problem with youtube play button so he assumed he just had to update the windows and ended up start downloading/installing to version 2004; I resolved the youtube issue by clearing cache/cookies but he started the update process anyway. I...
  7. Question regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding windows 10: I am running an hp PC with windows 10 running in it And facing some issues I wan't to do a system restore But the problem is that if I do it then I will get back to windows 8 as it was my original os and I upgraded it to windows 10 during free update period ... So the...
  8. Regarding Windows 10 OEM license

Regarding Windows 10 OEM license: Dear Sir or Madam I would like to enquire about the necessity of OEM license possession. The computers that we are currently using are located at an Internet cafe in Korea which is my business environment. We are using a disk which installed on a console PC and sharing...
  9. I have questions regarding version updates

I have questions regarding version updates: I have two computers and they are both still running version 1803. Why have I never received the 1809 update and should I download and install it manually before the new version is rolled out? What's this I hear about this new version having a glitch that could really mess...
  10. question regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question regarding windows 10: Is there any App (preferably free) that will work with Windows 10 that can create photo collages.?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-regarding-windows-10/6413a3cf-7b66-4c46-9ae8-4fcae635c385