Windows 10: Question regarding upgrade options.

Discus and support Question regarding upgrade options. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So this has been a nightmare for me. I always prefer a clean installation but this seems almost impossible unless you buy the product. This will be my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RECONBunny, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Question regarding upgrade options.

So this has been a nightmare for me. I always prefer a clean installation but this seems almost impossible unless you buy the product. This will be my 4th attempt at Win10. The first time I did the "Refresh my pc" option after I upgraded. It corrupted in the middle lost it all.

2nd Attempt was okay but I wanted a fresh install. I heard if you use the key you get from the win10 upgrade when installing a fresh copy over it works. This was not the case, they key was black listed and thus attempt 2 failed.

Attempt 3 I heard skipping the product key panel lets you activate based on the hash from your 7 or 8 key on your MB or something. This also doesn't;t work.

So 4th attempt before I do this. I have two options, Keep all files or keep nothing. As of this moment my Win 8.1 is a brand new fresh installation with nothing on it. I want to know if I select keep nothing will it still upgrade properly? I am deathly afraid of it not working this time. Should I cut my losses and select keep all? It will create a windows.old though,

:)

RECONBunny, Jul 29, 2015

2. Questions regarding after upgrade

1-Will i have to put some CD to store my older version of windows

2-What happens after the period of 1 year is over

3-What will happen to all the data i have in my windows 8

4-Will the settings remain the same or will they be changed

AhmadNawaz4420, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Questions regarding after upgrade

1)No, the backup would b created on your hard drive itself.

2)Windows 10 is free for lifetime, if you upgrade your existing system within 1 year.

3)All the data,files and programs will remain intact and work with Windows 10.However a good idea would be to backup your files before the upgrade.

4)All of your settings will also remain the same.

Hope it helps and do reply back for any questions.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Mansome Win User

Question regarding upgrade options.

Just upgrade so you see that it activates. Once that happen you can boot to the DVD and blast it all away and it should activate the next time you clean install.

Mansome, Jul 29, 2015
  5. I tried that and it said my key was blacklisted because it's the generic windows 10 key everyone has.

It doesn't work for me to do that....you say "Should blast it all away" No it doesn't.

RECONBunny, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Windowz10 Win User
    There are posts on this site and others suggesting that either the confirmation of the key for clean installation is glitched, or that the activation authentication servers are lagging badly.

Of course, no way to know which- or neither...

Windowz10, Jul 29, 2015
  7. I am far past tired of installing windows. Going to upgrade from a clean 8.1 and say screw it.

RECONBunny, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Question regarding upgrade options.

1. Question regarding upgrade options. - Similar Threads - Question regarding upgrade

2. A question regarding BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A question regarding BIOS: Hi , Good evening! I am having a problem with my windows 10 bios HP pavilion laptop. My bios doesnt have the advanced tab and whenever i follow a tutorial from google or YouTube it always plays a beep sound. Any help will be appreciated and please tell me how i can unlock the...
  3. Question regarding BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding BSoD: Hello!whenever I start my laptop, it shows BSoD RTKVHD64.sys and not booting I want to recover my data but the laptop shows the blue screen and it starts again and again but not letting me to have a backup of my data ....
  4. Question regarding BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question regarding BSoD: Hello!whenever I start my laptop, it shows BSoD RTKVHD64.sys and not booting I want to recover my data but the laptop shows the blue screen and it starts again and again but not letting me to have a backup of my data ....
  5. Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade: I have the notification that I can upgrade to W11 22H2 in updates services.I 'm currently running W10 Pro because I utilize Hyper-V.Does the upgrade to W11 22H2 automatically put me on the Pro version or does it dump me to Home?...
  6. Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade: I have the notification that I can upgrade to W11 22H2 in updates services.I 'm currently running W10 Pro because I utilize Hyper-V.Does the upgrade to W11 22H2 automatically put me on the Pro version or does it dump me to Home?...
  7. Question regarding taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question regarding taskbar: I currently have a three monitor setup and I only want two taskbar, is it possible to do that in Window? submitted by /u/ToSaKuMiRK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/krb8o2/question_regarding_taskbar/
  8. Question Regarding Forced Upgrades

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question Regarding Forced Upgrades: The clowns at Microsoft live chat (poor source) claim this is possible, so I thought I'd check here. The latest version of Windows 10 Pro, of course, is 1709. Can I set it up so the next build of Windows 10 Pro doesn't get downloaded and installed, but I still get the...
  9. Question Regarding Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Regarding Bluetooth: Hi guys. Just a quick question as i can't seem to find an answer on the web. I'm on latest November build for W10 Pro and Bluetooth is automatically on with no option to toggle it on or off. I've turned off the Bluetooth services etc but still it won't go off. Bit unsure why...
  10. Question regarding upgrade path

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding upgrade path: This question may be way early... but I'll ask anyway. *Smile Is it known whether the upgrade path from Windows 7 or 8 to 10 will include the option of a clean install? I have, in the past, always done clean installs rather than OS upgrades and much prefer it this way. The...