Windows 10: Question/s involving Raid 0 and Windows 10

Discus and support Question/s involving Raid 0 and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay~ Six years ago I bought an Alienware M17x. It came with 2x 750 GB drives configured in RAID 0. I literally didn't know this until yesterday when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DizzyC4jun, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Question/s involving Raid 0 and Windows 10

Okay~

Six years ago I bought an Alienware M17x. It came with 2x 750 GB drives configured in RAID 0. I literally didn't know this until yesterday when I yanked the hard drives out of the laptop. I built a new computer for gaming, a first for me, and put my hard drives into my new computer so I wouldn't have to buy a new copy of windows.

Here is my question, I don't want the two drives set up in RAID 0 anymore. I have a 4TB HDD coming in by Sunday, along with a 500GB M.2

>> I'd like to move Windows to the M.2, somehow duplicate the RAID 0 drives onto the 4TB HDD, and then reformat the 2x 750GB HDD/s so that they can be used individually. <<

Is this possible? I really don't want to buy a new copy of windows. My laptop didn't come with any installation software for windows or anything like that. Not to mention it came with windows 7, and I upgraded when it was free to do so.

:)

DizzyC4jun, Apr 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Raid 0

Before my Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Installation, I went into my Motherboard's BIOS and set my two 2TB hard drives in Raid 0 formation. After my Windows 10 Installation, "this computer" sees my "C" drive as only 2TB. Windows 10 should recognize my Raid 0 "C"
    drive capacity as 4TB. Why is windows 10 listing my "C" drive as 2TB? Windows 10 should have spanned the Installation across my two hard drives in RAID 0 formation. Did Windows 10 install only onto one hard drive? How can I correct this Windows Installation
    to span across my two Seagate SSHD hard drives in RAID 0 formation?

Dune 10191, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Pinscher Win User
    Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Question/s involving Raid 0 and Windows 10

Windows 10 support raid 0 and raid 1

Original title: Raid

Does windows 10 support raid 0 and raid 1

volumehelp, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Question/s involving Raid 0 and Windows 10

1. Question/s involving Raid 0 and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Question involving Raid

2. Windows software raid 0 issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows software raid 0 issue: My raid 0 is missing, when reconnecting the drives, I can see them both in the Disk Management as foreign disks, however when I click on import, I get 2 options both showing " import disk group disk 1 of 1, if I click ok I get a warning that a volume is missing, so I cancel....
  3. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  4. Install Windows on Raid 0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on Raid 0: I have an i3-3240 processor, an ASRock H61M-VG3 motherboard and 2 Hitachi HDP725050GLA360G. My question is: what do I need to install Windows on the 2 hdds in Raid 0? And I would like if you can find me what's needed....
  5. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  6. Windows Raid 0, how to save?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Raid 0, how to save?: I have a computer I built with a 1TB SSD on the motherboard my windows was loaded on. I have two drives set up as Raid 0 through Windows 10 with important data on them that isn't fully backed up. The SSD appears to have gone bad with my Windows on it, preventing the...
  7. Win 10 raid 0

Win 10 raid 0: So, I have a server trying to install Windows 10 on. I ran into some issues. It doesn't see my HD during the setup and i am assuming I need a raid0 driver of some kind? Secondly, how do I get Windows 10 to display the full drive since its a 2X2TB setup that I setup as raid0...
  8. Windows RAID 0 question performance question

Windows RAID 0 question performance question: Hi folks / performance gurus Got an old server 4 HDD storage bays and SSD with Raid 0 -- created 2 arrays of 2 logical HDD's but 4 physical HDD's (1 array 2 X 4TB, 1 array 2 X 3TB) -- Is this better than creating 1 array of all 4 HDD's - I'd lose some space because the...
  9. Question about SSD RAID 0

Question about SSD RAID 0: I have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I put in my personal laptop back in May. I also have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I just put in my desktop a couple weeks ago. I'm thinking about wiping both, and using both in my desktop for a RAID 0 configuration since I don't use my...
  10. Question on disk space avail RAID 0

Question on disk space avail RAID 0: I am confused, hope you can help - I have 2 2TB disk drives configured as RAID 0. This is confirmed in Intel RST. RST says 3815 GB total size, roughly 4 TB available, which is what I would expect as RAID 0 supposedly makes available the sum of the drives in the array as its...