Windows 10: Question/Suggestion - manage *offline* AND *online* gaming time as well as hardware access...

Discus and support Question/Suggestion - manage *offline* AND *online* gaming time as well as hardware access... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been trying to make parental controls work using both Microsoft Family to control the hardware access and Circle Home Plus to control online... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by a_frustruated_user, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Question/Suggestion - manage *offline* AND *online* gaming time as well as hardware access...

I've been trying to make parental controls work using both Microsoft Family to control the hardware access and Circle Home Plus to control online access. I have to use both because Family will allow me to lock their computer profile so that they can't get access it before a certain time. They were getting up before me and getting on and doing whatever they could. So I had to implement Microsoft Family to control profile access on the actual hardware.

Circle Home Plus has been quite useful for managing the minutia of online school and game time. My kid would sneak anything and everything they could but it cannot manage non-internet usage access periods and more importantly offline games. Even games that use Steam or Epic to log in only use the internet to verify permissions.

So my needs are these:

1 I need a more customizable way to manage *offline* AND *online* gaming time and access combined.

2 I need a way to limit ALL game apps combined to a time limit within a window of available time. Currently, if I say the window of time is between 1-4 and he has 1 hour of game time I have to either a wait for them to decide on a particular game and ask me to allow it for an hour which defeats the purpose of trying to help them learn autonomy or b set all games to 1 hour.

The problem with b is that in a 3 hour windows and all games set to 1 hour say there are 10 games they could technically play for 3 hours in multiple games.

3 I need a better way to organize and manage the "apps", since different types of apps often need to be managed in a different manner. As is, it is just a giant pile of all windows 10 apps AND all exe files on the computer - super extra annoying. Sure, I suppose I could clean up the computer to get rid of some of the numerous exe install files but I don't feel like it and it is even a new computer and there are dozens and dozens of exes and apps.

A solution to this might be to allow us to hide apps we don't care about maybe? Or better yet, have the ability to group exes and apps and let us apply rules to groups. It would save our little thumbs and clicking fingers.

Something to clarify - My issues are currently about problems with limiting gaming times but this type of situation could be applied to any type of category or topic.

:)

a_frustruated_user, Jan 21, 2021
  2. meebers Win User

RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Question/Suggestion - manage *offline* AND *online* gaming time as well as hardware access...

How to Install Forza MotorSports Apex 6 Offline

Hi,

For us to have a better overview of your concern, kindly clarify the following details:

• What is the exact error message?
    • What storage device did you use to download the game?
    • What type of user account are you using? (e.g. Microsoft account, local account)
    We suggest enabling offline play on your device before installing the game. Refer to

Play games offline on Windows using Offline mode
    for the steps.

Check out
    Forza Motorsport 6: Apex on Windows 10 FAQ
    for more details.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Catherine Cus., Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Question/Suggestion - manage *offline* AND *online* gaming time as well as hardware access...

1. Question/Suggestion - manage *offline* AND *online* gaming time as well as hardware access... - Similar Threads - Question Suggestion manage

2. It's a suggestion not a question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's a suggestion not a question: CHANGE THE TASKBAR FOR WINDOWS 11 22H2-THE TASKBAR FOR WINDOWS 11 22H2 WITH THE LATEST UPDATE FOR THE STABLE VERSION NOT WINDOWS INSIDER IS LOOKING SO BAD IN TERMS OF ITS DESIGN. I PERSONALLY LIKE THE WIDGETS ICON LAYOUT BUT THE WINDOWS ICON+THE APPS ICON ARE TOO MESSY IN MY...
  3. It's a suggestion not a question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It's a suggestion not a question: CHANGE THE TASKBAR FOR WINDOWS 11 22H2-THE TASKBAR FOR WINDOWS 11 22H2 WITH THE LATEST UPDATE FOR THE STABLE VERSION NOT WINDOWS INSIDER IS LOOKING SO BAD IN TERMS OF ITS DESIGN. I PERSONALLY LIKE THE WIDGETS ICON LAYOUT BUT THE WINDOWS ICON+THE APPS ICON ARE TOO MESSY IN MY...
  4. Online Backup Suggestions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Online Backup Suggestions: I have 2 computers, connected by a network, & 4 external drives (2 for each computer). I use Macrium Reflect to image each computer to external drives daily & switch external drives each week. My total size for all backups is about 600-700 GB. I'd like to be able to store...
  5. Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home: Hello, If I remember correctly, in previous operating systems I could right click on a disk in Disk Management to be given the option to Offline/Online the Disk. I am using W10 Home, this doesn't seem to be there. Is there a simple way to offline and online a disk which...
  6. Wifi Disconnection Interruption in a middle of playing a Online/Offline Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Disconnection Interruption in a middle of playing a Online/Offline Games: Hello so i have bought a Laptop 4 months Ago It was anAsus TUF Laptop to be specific, at first it was fine i Have played many Games before like Dota 2, LoL, and many other but after many months i has a error that have been detected by my Laptop about the Connection. At first...
  7. Disk management not showing online/offline options for hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk management not showing online/offline options for hard drives: Hi, I hope someone can help. Basically I'm used to going into Disk Management and choosing a disk, right-clicking and having the option to take that disk online/offline usually done to keep kids/family from deleting archive stuff by accident, but the last time I went to use...
  8. Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion]

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion]: Hello All, The norm seems to be 2 hrs per day. Dividing that up into YouTube, XBox and some approved online sites leaves little time for each. Our 10 yo is allowed online only after all his homework is complete, sports practice, chores and any family plans are completed. He...
  9. OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro: Hi, This is my first post here, so please be gentle. It may end up being a long post, but please do bear with me, as I could really do with some advice. I’m thinking of returning to the Surface Pro family after a few years away with an iPad Pro 12.9. However, I have a...
  10. OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro: Hi, This is my first post here, so please be gentle. It may end up being a long post, but please do bear with me, as I could really do with some advice. I’m thinking of returning to the Surface Pro family after a few years away with an iPad Pro 12.9. However, I have a...