Windows 10: Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it.

Discus and support Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; sometimes the icon freezes and I cannot get a context menu when I left click it...here is the photo of the icon in red rectangle: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sam_zia, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Sam_zia Win User

Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it.

sometimes the icon freezes and I cannot get a context menu when I left click it...here is the photo of the icon in red rectangle:

Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it. 33bdbf0e-e33c-4513-b6ad-e186edf7bdbd?upload=true.png

:)

Sam_zia, Mar 29, 2020
  2. zawnox Win User

Context Menu "Open with" freeze

This problem annoyed me for a week

3 related issues:

• context menu works fine, and all submenus open well such as "view" and "sort by", except "Open with":
      • when i hover on "Open with", Windows Explorer freezes and i have to restart it in Task Manager
      • some files won't even let me open context menu, they just freeze Windows Explorer
    • image thumbnails and sometimes taskbar icons disappear or become
      blank icons of paper (refresh doesn't work):
      • when i try to upload an image to any website (Facebook or Steam) i can't see which blank piece of paper to choose
    • cannot access "Personalisation" or "Accounts" in system settings:
      • when i try to change my desktop background or change my account profile picture, "Settings" app freezes and i have to end task in Task Manager

Solutions i have tried:

• AdwCleaner
    • disabling 3rd party programs in ShellExView
    • clean boot
    • safe mode boot
    • elevated cmd
      • Sfc /scannow
      • thumbnail cache clear
    • PC reset

Nothing worked

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

8gb RAM

Intel Core i7 4700MQ

Intel HD Graphics 4600

Toshiba Satellite P75-A7100

zawnox, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it. ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it. ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it. :)

Necrofire, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it.

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it. :(

ArmoredCavalry, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it.

1. Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it. - Similar Threads - Question USB icon

2. When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.: I use my left hand to operate my mouse. So in Mouse settings I, of course, set the Primary Button to Right. But when I LEFT-click a web link, much of the time the mouse acts as though I clicked the Primary RIGHT button! Sometimes the Primary action occurs AND the context menu...
  3. When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.: I use my left hand to operate my mouse. So in Mouse settings I, of course, set the Primary Button to Right. But when I LEFT-click a web link, much of the time the mouse acts as though I clicked the Primary RIGHT button! Sometimes the Primary action occurs AND the context menu...
  4. When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Left click pops up context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click pops up context menu: Whenever I left-click, the context menu pops up and it isn't very pleasant, I've looked into the primary clicking thing, and switch primary and secondary buttons, It's like I have two right clicks on one mouse and it's really messing with how I do things....
  6. Left click pops up context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left click pops up context menu: Whenever I left-click, the context menu pops up and it isn't very pleasant, I've looked into the primary clicking thing, and switch primary and secondary buttons, It's like I have two right clicks on one mouse and it's really messing with how I do things....
  7. Left click pops up context menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Right Clicking User Folder Freezes Context Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Clicking User Folder Freezes Context Menu: Hello, Some info up front: 1) I did a clean install a few weeks ago. I've made minimal changes - nothing intrusive, certainly (well, see below). This morning I was changing the location of the User Folders found under This PC in Windows Explorer. I have 2 hard drives, C...
  9. Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.: When you right click anywhere on the taskbar, you get a sleek dark grey context menu with easy to read white text. I also like the animations and overall it's really crisp, Microsoft did a good job with that. My question is this: why didn't they extend this feature to the...
  10. Icons for context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons for context menu: Hello. Sorry for my English. There are option for putting icons in context menu for SEE, NEW, CHANGE NAME, COPY, CUT, DELETE ...? Thanks. 108594