Windows 10: Question Unexplained software crashes

Discus and support Question Unexplained software crashes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I recently built a new computer (specs below) and randomly, softwares crashes. For instance, some days I can play for hours without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Azkorh, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Azkorh Win User

Question Unexplained software crashes

Hello everybody,
    I recently built a new computer (specs below) and randomly, softwares crashes.
    For instance, some days I can play for hours without any trouble and another day the game will crash like 4 times in an hour.
    It happens mostly while playing (crash happens on several games) but also while browsing on Chrome.
    When it happens, the soft I'm using just crash without any error message.
    Sometimes in the event observer I got an ID 1000 and sometimes nothing is reported in the event observer.
    I already reset my computer thinking it was an issue with the windows registry but nothing changed.
    A also ran memtestx86 in order to test my ram and no error occured.
    I'm hoping someone might know a way to fix it or at least what's causing it.
    My specs :
    AMD ryzen 1920 X
    msi X399 SLI
    GeForce 2080 RTX
    G.Skill 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz
    2 Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2.5" (500 Go)
    Seasonic 750W Gold

:)

Azkorh, Feb 12, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 12, 2019
  4. RowlandM Win User

Unexplained crashing

I wasn't quite sure what I should now be doing to solve the problem. Eight days on and the PC keeps crashing.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thank you.

RowlandM, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Question Unexplained software crashes - Similar Threads - Question Unexplained software

2. Question about software installers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about software installers: Should all software installers be run with administrator privileges to avoid problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-software-installers/06cf3289-bdd0-44a3-b1ea-6caef224a313
  3. Random Unexplained BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Unexplained BSOD: As the Title Question states, random unexplained BSOD happens within about 24 hours of each other, as of now twice. I have two minidumps for each crash and this started after I started using a new keyboard and did install its options application [This is a Logitech keyboard]....
  4. Software Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Question: I currently have Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer and would like to install Windows 10. Is there anything I need to do before I but Windows 10 and install it so I do not have any problems in the process?I'd also like to add while I obligated to make this post to get...
  5. Software Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software Question: I currently have Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer and would like to install Windows 10. Is there anything I need to do before I but Windows 10 and install it so I do not have any problems in the process?I'd also like to add while I obligated to make this post to get...
  6. Unexplained Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unexplained Display: Hello Folks, when I connect my Doro PhoneEasy 612 mobile phone to any USB port on my Win 10 or Win 7 PC I gat as in my image. My Win 10 pc is a laptop without a disc drive.-...
  7. Unexplained dowloads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unexplained dowloads: Today, Host Process for Windows Services has downloaded 1GB with no request, permission, or explanation.I have metered broadband during the day. I do not take kindly to 10% of the month's allowance being used in this way.The two main servers involved were:...
  8. Unexplained PopFxEnforceDirectedPowerTransition crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexplained PopFxEnforceDirectedPowerTransition crash: My brand new Dell laptop with Windows 10 installed crashes every now and then in sleep mode. I can't tell from the dump file what driver is causing this. Dell blames it on Windows and is asking me to reinstall it like the reinstall will magically realign drivers. I uploaded...
  9. Question Unexplained software crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question Unexplained software crashes: Hello everybody, I recently built a new computer (specs below) and randomly, softwares crashes. For instance, some days I can play for hours without any trouble and another day the game will crash like 4 times in an hour. It happens mostly while playing (crash happens on...
  10. About software questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About software questions: Hello, 1. Is there a program to capture video (with audio) played on screen ?. I have "Screencast-o-matic" but it is limited to several minutes recording ? (no sound I think) 2. The installed CCleaner is registered, now I read (on this site) there is a new version,...