Windows 10: Question Unexplained software crashes

Discus and support Question Unexplained software crashes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I recently built a new computer (specs below) and randomly, softwares crashes. For instance, some days I can play for hours without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Azkorh, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Azkorh Win User

Question Unexplained software crashes

Hello everybody,
    I recently built a new computer (specs below) and randomly, softwares crashes.
    For instance, some days I can play for hours without any trouble and another day the game will crash like 4 times in an hour.
    It happens mostly while playing (crash happens on several games) but also while browsing on Chrome.
    When it happens, the soft I'm using just crash without any error message.
    Sometimes in the event observer I got an ID 1000 and sometimes nothing is reported in the event observer.
    I already reset my computer thinking it was an issue with the windows registry but nothing changed.
    A also ran memtestx86 in order to test my ram and no error occured.
    I'm hoping someone might know a way to fix it or at least what's causing it.
    My specs :
    AMD ryzen 1920 X
    msi X399 SLI
    GeForce 2080 RTX
    G.Skill 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz
    2 Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2.5" (500 Go)
    Seasonic 750W Gold

:)

Azkorh, Feb 12, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 12, 2019
  4. RowlandM Win User

Unexplained crashing

I wasn't quite sure what I should now be doing to solve the problem. Eight days on and the PC keeps crashing.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thank you.

RowlandM, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Question Unexplained software crashes - Similar Threads - Question Unexplained software

2. A QUESTION About pc softwares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A QUESTION About pc softwares: there is this app I am looking at and it says Microsoft gold certified partner and is it a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-question-about-pc-softwares/93db5df6-894e-45db-8973-389155bddb74
  3. Question Unexplained software crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question Unexplained software crashes: Hello everybody, I recently built a new computer (specs below) and randomly, softwares crashes. For instance, some days I can play for hours without any trouble and another day the game will crash like 4 times in an hour. It happens mostly while playing (crash happens on...
  4. Unexplained sporadically blank icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unexplained sporadically blank icons: I have this annoying problem with my start screen app icons. Frequently, yet sporadically, some icon facades like to go blank. It tells me what apps they when I roll my mouse over them. Sometimes different apps go blank, and the next time they're fine. Sometimes its only 4 or...
  5. Computer crash question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crash question: My laptop crashed and currently states that there are no boot able drives. How do I reinstall Windows 10 as it is a Dell laptop that did not come with a recovery disk? Thank....
  6. Upgraded to Windows 10 software question

Upgraded to Windows 10 software question: Hi all I hope someone can please explain for me please. There is probably a simple answer but I am confused. I recently upgraded one of my laptops to Windows 10. On this laptop is an accounting bit of software that should not be able to run on Windows 10. All the info I...
  7. Old Software On New PC Question

Old Software On New PC Question: Hello, Just bought a new Dell desktop PC running W10. My old one, also a Dell, was running W7. I have some Dell disks from the old one that Dell supplied with it as a sort of backup. I would like to use this CD which has the full Corel suite on it, presumably, which...
  8. About software questions

About software questions: Hello, 1. Is there a program to capture video (with audio) played on screen ?. I have "Screencast-o-matic" but it is limited to several minutes recording ? (no sound I think) 2. The installed CCleaner is registered, now I read (on this site) there is a new version,...
  9. System migration hardware, OS and software question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System migration hardware, OS and software question: Hi all Rigs blown (see bottom thread to avoid confusion). Ordered some new components to fit in with the existing rig. Boring Part Existing parts that I am using: Fractal Design R4 Case Samsung SSD850Pro 500 MB O/S Programs/Some program data Barracuda 2TB Drive for...
  10. Unexplained disk space usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexplained disk space usage: So I got a new Dell laptop with 120GB SSD, and I installed Windows 10 on it. After installation I had 90GB free space, and that seemed normal because I thought it needed space for all the system files. Then I installed Visual Studio and some minor programs and I was at 70GB....