Windows 10: Question Usb audio speakers keeps switching to headset high definition audio device

Discus and support Question Usb audio speakers keeps switching to headset high definition audio device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this thread! For a few weeks I have been having this problem, for example, I change from my headset to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brincanareia, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Question Usb audio speakers keeps switching to headset high definition audio device

[COLOR=rgba25, 30, 30, 1]Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this thread![/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba25, 30, 30, 1]For a few weeks I have been having this problem, for example, I change from my headset to my speakers in the inferior right corner as shown in the screenshot to my USB speakers and it stays that way. But after a few minutes, I start getting sound only on my headset, Has anyone here faced this issue or know how to fix it?[/COLOR]

Screenshot

[COLOR=rgba25, 30, 30, 1]High definition sound audio is plugged to the back of the motherboard and my headset is a HyperX Cloud Stinger Core Black Jack 3.5mm and I have some Logitech speakers connected via USB[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba25, 30, 30, 1]Hope this helps[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba25, 30, 30, 1]Screenshots:[/COLOR]

Bios version and specs

Device manager part 1Device manager part 2

Device manager part 3

[COLOR=rgba25, 30, 30, 1]Thank you so much for your time[/COLOR]

:)

Brincanareia, Apr 8, 2021
  2. KendrikN Win User

High Definition Audio Device

I keep getting message that there is issue with High Definition Audio Device. The error is code 10 (Device Unable to Start). I have tried updating but its still not working. I did install the latest Realtek Driver and it made my speakers a lot more louder
    but im still getting same error. Also the Realtek HD audio manager app will not start after clicking it.

Windows 10 64bit

KendrikN, Apr 8, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

Hi Davide

The High Definition Audio drivers are built into Windows already

Right click that device in Device Manager, choose 'Update Driver

Then choose 'Browse my computer for Driver Software' - 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers'

If you do not see the default High Definition Audio device, untick 'Show Compatible Hardware'

On the left, select Microsoft, then on the right scroll down to find 'High Definition Audio Device Version 10.0. . . . .

DaveM121, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Question Usb audio speakers keeps switching to headset high definition audio device

Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working

I tried the steps you suggested, but the symptoms remain the same. I HAVE to use the Realtek driver to get any sound to my external speakers. The Microsoft High Definition Audio will get sound to my laptop's onboard speakers, but not out the line out.
    The Realtek driver still has the delay at the beginning of playing any audio. I found that the the Plug and Play service was not set to automatic, so I changed it so it now does, but of possible significance is that there is no "Multimedia Class Scheduler"
    on my list of services. Please advise.

AaronMorris1, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Question Usb audio speakers keeps switching to headset high definition audio device

1. Question Usb audio speakers keeps switching to headset high definition audio device - Similar Threads - Question Usb audio

2. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  3. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  4. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Speakers high definition audio device missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers high definition audio device missing: hello pls help me my speakers high definition audio device is missing in device manager i can not use my headset because it say no output device foundand speaker setupUNKNOWN i already tried troubleshoot but is still not fixed i also tried to update in device manager but i...
  6. Speakers high definition audio device missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers high definition audio device missing: hello pls help me my speakers high definition audio device is missing in device manager i can not use my headset because it say no output device foundand speaker setupUNKNOWN i already tried troubleshoot but is still not fixed i also tried to update in device manager but i...
  7. Speakers high definition audio device missing

8. MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device: Hi,I have got a Laptop from a friend of mine back in Oct 2021 an it did have windows 10 on it an the computer couldn't handle it so I was able to get it back to Windows 8.1 that's not the problem that I am having with the Laptop..I have got a MEDIA - High Definition Audio...
  9. Speakers High Definition Audio Device not migrated?

Speakers High Definition Audio Device not migrated?: Audio is not working, seems to be an issue with Speakers High Definition Audio Device - Audio EndpointDevice SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{494d9b75-e85e-4186-8030-bb91ce9afd02} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.Last Device Instance Id:...
  10. high definition audio device

high definition audio device: Hello, I have tried for days. Everytime I get a windows update my sound is shut off. I have tried a dozen times to download "high defintion audio device" but it will not show up in device manager under sound to install it. Any advice?...