Windows 10: Question: User Account

Discus and support Question: User Account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have read many places that we should not use windows logged in as a Administrator. I made a new user account for myself. I am the only one using my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Intel_Linux, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Question: User Account

I have read many places that we should not use windows logged in as a Administrator. I made a new user account for myself. I am the only one using my laptop.

I just want to know weather I have to keep things like this ? I feel that the admin account is just going a waste. Can i keep just one account and not be a admin ?

submitted by /u/Intel_Linux
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Intel_Linux, Dec 26, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Question: User Account

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Question: User Account

1. Question: User Account - Similar Threads - Question User Account

2. Administrator and user accounts question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator and user accounts question: I recently had to reformat my hard drive, and I chose to use the Custom installation. Somehow I created a User account with a nickname that I use, and a Administrator account with my real name. When I installed Windows 10 a number of years ago I did it from scratch, and...
  3. Administrator and user accounts question

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrator and user accounts question: I recently had to reformat my hard drive, and I chose to use the Custom installation. Somehow I created a User account with a nickname that I use, and a Administrator account with my real name. When I installed Windows 10 a number of years ago I did it from scratch, and...
  4. User account question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User account question: I recently got a new hard drive after my last one broke and had to install windows on it. While I was installing it asked for my Microsoft account to finish setting up, I couldn't remember mine so I used my dad's old one. A little while later I got my account righted and...
  5. Question about user accounts/security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about user accounts/security: Windows recommends a standard user account. All these years I have been installing and using the main default account you create when you fresh install windows 10. I heard that this is possibly not safe? I know there is a hidden "Administrator" account and I assumed that was...
  6. Question re User Account Control settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question re User Account Control settings: I have a couple of applications that every time I launch them Windows asks that I grant permission to allow the application to make changes to my computer. The slider under User Account Control settings makes the decision to grant access an all or nothing choice, that is to...
  7. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  8. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  9. User Account Question

User Account Question: Hello, I've just purchased a used computer running Windows 10 Pro. It has under C: Users a folder named "Keith" from the previous owner. How can I change that folder to my name ? I've created a new User Account in my name and have logged in using that but the Keith folder is...
  10. User names and microsoft accounts, and a OneDrive question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User names and microsoft accounts, and a OneDrive question: Hello, I am revamping my system as I migrate to Win 10 Microsoft encourages us to use our Microsoft account to sign in. I do have such an account because I have an Office 365 account I have a desktop and two laptops (one is my wife's) on our home network and would...