Windows 10: [QUESTION] Virtual desktop behaviour like OSX

Discus and support [QUESTION] Virtual desktop behaviour like OSX in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all. First post, be gentle. I'm looking for a way to use the Virtual Desktops the same way I used to use "Spaces" in OS X. If you've used it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/King-bobby-b, Jan 14, 2020.

1. [QUESTION] Virtual desktop behaviour like OSX

Hi all. First post, be gentle.

I'm looking for a way to use the Virtual Desktops the same way I used to use "Spaces" in OS X.

If you've used it, you'll know what I'm talking about but I'll explain:

In Mac OS X, it's possible to have as many virtual desktops as you want (Like you can with Windows 10's Virtual Desktops). The key difference is that each display was able to have individual virtual desktops.

For instance (on OSX), if I'm working on in Chrome in Space 1 on Monitor A and my code editor on Monitor B, I can have documentation open in Space 2 on Monitor A.

I could then switch between reading docs and my Chrome window on Monitor A whilst my editor is open on B.

This is just a simple use case and "Pin this Window to all displays" isn't quite a good enough solution.

In the simplest terms possible:

Is there a way to have PER-DISPLAY Virtual Desktop switching. Where only my ACTIVE workspace will change (Or monitor where cursor is). Leaving the workspaces on my other display as they are.

Thanks in advance all!

submitted by /u/King-bobby-b
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/King-bobby-b, Jan 14, 2020
  2. mab1376 Win User

Install Mac OSX into virtual machine

Is there anyway to setup mac osx into a virtual machine?

i.e. making a virtual machine using virtualbox?

mab1376, Jan 14, 2020
  3. sirBait Win User
    Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Phillmont Win User

[QUESTION] Virtual desktop behaviour like OSX

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

[QUESTION] Virtual desktop behaviour like OSX

1. [QUESTION] Virtual desktop behaviour like OSX - Similar Threads - QUESTION Virtual desktop

2. How to Manage Virtual Desktop like a Pro in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Manage Virtual Desktop like a Pro in Windows 10: If you are using a single monitor PC and working from home in these pandemic times, creating multiple virtual desktops can be very handy for you. Since while working from home, one has to manage multiple projects or tasks at a time, virtual desktops can surely increase your...
  3. Question about strange keyboard behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about strange keyboard behaviour: Hi all, I have had a Razer Blade Stealth 13 2020 (UK Keyboard) for a couple of months now and I'm seeing a bizarre behaviour that I'm looking into. When I open Chrome on my machine for the first time after a restart and start typing anything in the omni-bar, the first key...
  4. Virtual Machine question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine question: On Win 10 Pro, can Virtual Machine run an embedded version of Windows XP Pro as you could on Win 7 Pro? If so, HOW?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine-question/ac7a00c6-6adb-4469-8496-f686043bca63
  5. Virtual hotspot question

Virtual hotspot question: I want to create a virtual hotspot from my PC to my devices, but is there a way to leave the hotspot on while my PC is on sleep so that I can use my devices without my computer being on and so I can still use the connection? submitted by /u/Kinder_Benno [link] [comments]...
  6. Weird PrintScreen behaviour on a desktop

Weird PrintScreen behaviour on a desktop: Hello there. So, my dektop as been behaving quite weirdly, it's an old system and only a few months from getting binned but until then... So, the issue is: I own a gskill ripjaw km780 mx that as been working pretty well so far. Today something weird started happening: I...
  7. Virtual desktop questions.

Virtual desktop questions.: Hi all, I'm an (non-software) engineer. I keep most of my work in self-contained project folders. I try to keep everything related to a particular design project in one place. If I will be using files from my library or previous projects, I add shortcuts to those files. Is...
  8. Remote Desktop for OSX

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop for OSX: Hi, I have a PC that has a name and the PC is running Windows 10 Pro. The PC and all other devices are on the same network. I can RD into the device painlessly from my iPad (iOS) using the PC's name. I cannot RD into the device from my OSX (Macbook Pro) using the name...
  9. Virtual Machine Question

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Machine Question: Hi Everyone, To be honest.. I've never really used the VM Player software before. I'm trying to run a virtual machine on my Windows 10 Professional 64-bit desktop. Of course I have already installed the latest version of the VM Player software, and I downloaded the latest...
  10. virtual desktop question

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual desktop question: Hi all, I just got a new Dell SPX 15 with Win 10. I'm liking it so far, but when one thing bothers me and I can't figure out how to turn it off. When I have any window open on my desktop and I grab it by the title bar to move the window a little "virtual desktop" appears...