Windows 10: Question, wait for new ram to install Win10?

Discus and support Question, wait for new ram to install Win10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm updating my dad's i3 pc that is running windows 7. I bought an ssd and I am upgrading the ram from 8gb to 16gb. With the new ssd I plan to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bmacc604, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Question, wait for new ram to install Win10?

So I'm updating my dad's i3 pc that is running windows 7. I bought an ssd and I am upgrading the ram from 8gb to 16gb.

With the new ssd I plan to upgrade the computer to windows 10. The problem is now the ram won't arrive for 1 week but I have the new hard drive on hand.

Question : I really wanted to work on getting the computer reformatted and running this week. Will there be any type of negative impact (performance or otherwise) if I installed windows 10 on the new ssd with the existing 8gb of ram, and then upgraded it to 16gb when the new ram arrives? Or would I be better suited to wait until the new ram is installed before reformatting the pc with windows 10?

Your insight is appreciated. Thanks.

submitted by /u/bmacc604
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bmacc604, Oct 5, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Question, wait for new ram to install Win10?

Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Question, wait for new ram to install Win10?

1. Question, wait for new ram to install Win10? - Similar Threads - Question wait ram

2. New Install Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Install Question: Just tried to boot up and found my PC is dead. After much messing around with various things, it appears either my mobo or my CPU has died. (Sabretooth 990FX and AM3+). Either way, I'm looking at replacing both with something a bit more up to date. I'll also upgrade the HD's...
  3. Win10 Bootable USB installation question

Win10 Bootable USB installation question: A while back ago I created a Windows 10 USB Bootable stick using the Media Creation Tool. How can I find out which version and build number I have on my USB bootable stick? I am guessing it is 20H2, but I really prefer to double check it. Is there a command to check this...
  4. Question-Custom Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question-Custom Win10 Install: I know I can create a custom .xml for unattended installation of windows, but is there a way to install third party apps unattended after that completes?i.e. Office, Game Launchers, VPN services etc. I’m wanting to do a fresh install on several machines in my home. submitted...
  5. RAM question.

RAM question.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jack_ivey1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g7zrn6/ram_question/
  6. Question about my new Win10 system

Question about my new Win10 system: Good day for you all. I just got a new Dell Inspiron 5490 laptop, I was so excited so I downloaded couple of apps that I needed to start with. One of those programs was Avira, after I installed it I found out that the my Win10 came with Mcafee installed. The question is: is...
  7. I have question about install new RAM on my notebook.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have question about install new RAM on my notebook.: As the topic said above [I have question about install new RAM on my notebook.] I know that install 2 different ram capatibility will low the ram that why I will remove the 2 ram in my notebook and install this new. Can I install this ram on my notebook ? [img] Here is...
  8. RAM questions

RAM questions: Thank you once again! I will let it be as it is. I don't feel like tinkering in the BIOS any more. Everything is running smooth and fast (for me) right now. I agree. You already have the FSB overclocked, I would not engage with overclocking the memory as well. If you do OC...
  9. Question on RAM

Question on RAM: I have a HP Pavilion G7 1268 us Notebook with 8 GB of RAM and am replacing it with a HP 15-f233wn Notebook. I would like to take 4GB of RAM from the G7 1268 and putting it in the 15-f233. I’m not sure if it will work. Thanks, Frank 70494
  10. New Win10 Computer OS Question

New Win10 Computer OS Question: This is a complicated question (at least for me.) I've been using Windows, almost every version since 3.1 (I skipped Vista.) Last year in April my Win7 desktop computer suffered a shorted motherboard. I knew I had to upgrade to win10 soon, but was watching closely the...