Windows 10: Question: what are the downsides of not using an activated windows product key? Does it do...

Discus and support Question: what are the downsides of not using an activated windows product key? Does it do... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m about to build my first PC. And I have taken the step to download the boot file stuff straight from Microsoft’s website. I plan on getting the full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Anita_Beejay69, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Question: what are the downsides of not using an activated windows product key? Does it do...

I’m about to build my first PC. And I have taken the step to download the boot file stuff straight from Microsoft’s website. I plan on getting the full on windows 10 eventually, I’m just curious on the downsides (if any) of not using a product key at the start up. I hear it’s really just cosmetics. Such as the background, color tiles, etc. but what I’m really worried about if it does that blue screen for activation as I plan on using my PC for games and being in class (college student)

Thank you for your time

submitted by /u/Anita_Beejay69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Anita_Beejay69, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jan 28, 2021
  4. tigger Win User

Question: what are the downsides of not using an activated windows product key? Does it do...

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Question: what are the downsides of not using an activated windows product key? Does it do...

1. Question: what are the downsides of not using an activated windows product key? Does it do... - Similar Threads - Question are downsides

2. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.: I just got this computer and downgraded it to Windows 10. Now, it states Windows was already active on another computer. How do I get the product key to change it or otherwise fix?...
  3. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.: I just got this computer and downgraded it to Windows 10. Now, it states Windows was already active on another computer. How do I get the product key to change it or otherwise fix?...
  4. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows product key question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows product key question: I am buying a used gaming pc and I am going to change the storage on it i was told that i would have to reinstall windows so while reinstalling windows do I need to get a new product key or will the pc have one that I can reuse I don't want to have to spend alot of money for...
  6. Windows product key question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows product key question: I am buying a used gaming pc and I am going to change the storage on it i was told that i would have to reinstall windows so while reinstalling windows do I need to get a new product key or will the pc have one that I can reuse I don't want to have to spend alot of money for...
  7. Activating Windows 10 using product key

Activating Windows 10 using product key: So I got windows 10 for my PC some time ago, but have only recently purchased a product key. Both are official not pirated. Upon opening the activation menu I get this messageI am connected to the internet through wifi yet this error will not go away. It also appears upon...
  8. Product Key question

Product Key question: Who do I have to call if I want to transfer my Windows 10 operating to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-question/53ebe7a4-d316-4e9d-8c23-aa97a1474d72
  9. Windows 10 activation using a product key

Windows 10 activation using a product key: When I bought y laptop a few years ago, it had Windows 8 installed. I later upgraded to Windows 10. The hard drive later crashed and when I replaced it, it had Windows 10 Pro installed, but this is now deactivated. I have since bought a Windows 10 Home Product key but I am...
  10. Product key question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key question: I am going to install Windows 7 via ISO file when it calls for a product key do I use my win7 key? Thanks 10453