Windows 10: QUESTION: Windows 10 100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive

Discus and support QUESTION: Windows 10 100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Question: Is it normal for my disk usage to be at 100% for 1-2 minutes from doing tasks such as using 3-4 tabs on Firefox and using the Windows app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Windows.User1, Sep 25, 2019.

1. QUESTION: Windows 10 100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive

Question:
    Is it normal for my disk usage to be at 100% for 1-2 minutes from doing tasks such as using 3-4 tabs on Firefox and using the Windows app ''Groove Music''

Back Story:

So I started consistently getting 100% Disk usage after 2 years of the PC running smoothly. I tried everything out there to try fix it, even though it did not effect performance. After not being able to resolve the issue I ''Reset'' my PC. This cleared my hard drive and everything on it and created a fresh install of Windows. The performance is a little better as expected with a fresh start. I have ruled out the possibility of it being Data/Apps causing the 100% disk usage (as i cleaned the drive) and ruled out the possibility of it being Windows causing the problem (as i reinstalled windows)

After Fresh Windows 10 Install:

I notice the 100% disk usage now after resetting my PC is only hitting 100% for 1-2 minutes at most and remaining at 0%-10% when idle.

I haven't noticed any difference in performance even before resetting my PC but what i see in task manager is that the following applications are using the disk usage

Antimalware Service Executable
    Service host: Sysmain
    Internet Browser: Firefox
    Windows App: Groove Music

Question:

Is it normal for my disk usage to be at 100% for 1-2 minutes from doing tasks such as using 3-4 tabs on Firefox and using the Windows app ''Groove Music''

Thanks in advance.

:)

Windows.User1, Sep 25, 2019

2. QUESTION: Windows 10 100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive

Question:

Back Story:

So I started consistently getting 100% Disk usage after 2 years of the PC running smoothly. I tried everything out there to try fix it, even though it did not effect performance. After not being able to resolve the issue I ''Reset'' my PC. This cleared my
    hard drive and everything on it and created a fresh install of Windows. The performance is a little better as expected with a fresh start. I have ruled out the possibility of it being Data/Apps causing the 100% disk usage (as i cleaned the drive) and ruled
    out the possibility of it being Windows causing the problem (as i reinstalled windows)

After Fresh Windows 10 Install:

I notice the 100% disk usage now after resetting my PC is only hitting 100% for 1-2 minutes at most and remaining at 0%-10% when idle.

I haven't noticed any difference in performance even before resetting my PC but what i see in task manager is that the following applications are using the disk usage

Antimalware Service Executable

Service host: Sysmain

Internet Browser: Firefox

Windows App: Groove Music

Question:

Is it normal for my disk usage to be at 100% for 1-2 minutes from doing tasks such as using 3-4 tabs on Firefox (3 tabs browsing, 1 tab streaming) and using the Windows app ''Groove Music'' ?

I am using a DELL Alienware Aurora R7 64Bit 16GB RAM Windows 10

Thanks in advance.

Windows.User1, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 28, 2019
  4. JanJan Win User

QUESTION: Windows 10 100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive

How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Hi all,

I have a laptop that came with windows 7. I just recently updated to windows 10 with the OTA update.

I would like to clean out my hard drive but still want to keep a genuine windows 10 (like I have installed a fresh copy of windows 10). How can I do it?

Thank you

JanJan, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

QUESTION: Windows 10 100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive

1. QUESTION: Windows 10 100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive - Similar Threads - QUESTION 100% Disk

2. 100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive: I've been using my pc for the last few years letting it sit for hours until the disk consumption went down. I tried to change some settings to see if I could lower this consumption and I succeeded but my computer continued to run slow.Yesterday I did a fresh install of...
  3. 100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive: I've been using my pc for the last few years letting it sit for hours until the disk consumption went down. I tried to change some settings to see if I could lower this consumption and I succeeded but my computer continued to run slow.Yesterday I did a fresh install of...
  4. 100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100% Disk Usage after fresh windows & New HDD install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Disk Usage after fresh windows & New HDD install: Hello this has been an ongoing battle with my laptop. I have an Alienware 17r4, I have done almost all of the recommended resets and disables that pertain to 100% disk usage. After multiple unsuccessful tries I decided to replace my HDD and do a fresh install with windows. I...
  6. Disk 100% usage, after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk 100% usage, after clean install: Hello, I've had this problem for 5 years maybe, i tried maybe 20 solution ideas on the internet and nothing worked or maybe just worked for short-term. Laptop: Dell inspiron i5 5547 HDD: Toshiba something 5600rpm 500GB i thought that it was problem with the laptop itself...
  7. Hard drive usage at 100% windows 10

Hard drive usage at 100% windows 10: Hi everyone, i've been having an issue lately with windows, it is showing a 100% usage of the hard drive, checked the hard drive is working perfectly fine, my laptop is almost brand new, no tasks or multiple websites open at the time, but tasks admin is always showing a 100%...
  8. Fresh Windows install - 100% Disk Usage

Fresh Windows install - 100% Disk Usage: I have recently put together my new PC with the following specs : - Ryzen 5 3600 - 16Gb ram - B450 I Aorus Pro Wifi - GTX 1660 Super - 2Tb HHD -450W PSU When booting up windows I check the task manager as soon as it lets me. however, when I check it is at a...
  9. 100% disk usage after a fresh install

100% disk usage after a fresh install: I had to re-install Windows 10 Home 64-bit less than a week ago because it was not updating. Now, task manager constantly shows 100% disk usage. I only installed Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and CrystalDiskInfo. I COULD NOT OPEN ANY PROGRAM. START MENU COULDN'T OPEN....
  10. 100% Disk Usage after fresh install of Windows 10

100% Disk Usage after fresh install of Windows 10: I bought a laptop Christmas 2018 (Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i5-7300HQ, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hybrid HDD, GeForce GTX 1050, 15.6" Full HD) and since having it the Disk Usage is constantly at 100% as soon as I log in. The laptop is fast to boot up and shut down but as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fresh install HDD 100%

2. windows fresh install 100% disk usage

3. 100% disk usage fresh windows instal