Windows 10: Question Windows showing past toast notifications again

Discus and support Question Windows showing past toast notifications again in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I'm having kind of a weird problem with Windows 10 So, during the day, I receive several toast notifications for emails, Slack message, Skype,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by masok, Mar 27, 2020.

1. masok Win User

Question Windows showing past toast notifications again

Hey,

I'm having kind of a weird problem with Windows 10
    So, during the day, I receive several toast notifications for emails, Slack message, Skype, etc.

And that's great

But occasionally, at some point of the day, for some reason, I start getting all the past notifications again, one by one, one second apart
    So, I get for example an email at 10am, a slack message at 11am, and another email as 11:30am
    Then at around 3pm while I'm watching something on Youtube, or playing a game or whatever, all of the sudden, I get those 3 toast notifications again, one after the other
    It's like the service for that was restarted and it picked up again all the past notifications and sends them

Anyone has seen something like this? I tried looking for it on Google but couldn't find anything

:)

masok, Mar 27, 2020
  2. rokabard Win User

Action Center is not showing past notifications

Hello,

I have recently made a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and I don't think the Action Center is working as intended.

In short, the Action Center does not show past notifications.

Notification toasts from various apps do appear on the desktop, and the icon for a new notification does lights up, but when I open Action Center either there is no notification there or the one notification is there, but is then automatically cleared once
    I close the Action Center (even if I did not click on it). The Action Center is therefore always empty.

It was my impression that the Action Center should show a list of past notifications, so that if I am away from the computer I can check the notifications I've missed. Am I missing something or is the Action Center bugged?

thanks.

rokabard, Mar 27, 2020
  3. reelyard Win User
    Disable Toast Notifications for Microsoft Teams

When you receive a message through Microsoft teams you get a toast notification and the icon flashes. You can choose to have these notifications enabled or not. However, when the "banner" notification is disabled the toolbar icon does not flash at all.

Is there is a way to disable the toast notification but keep the flashing toolbar icon intact?

I have disabled all notifications in the Notifications settings within Windows 10, but the toast notifications are still showing.

Edit

This screenshot is to confirm that Microsoft Teams does not show up within the Notifications & Actions settings window:

Question Windows showing past toast notifications again 6nWD9.png

Edit 2

The version of Teams I have installed is 1.1.00.10955 (64 bit). It was last updated on 04/05/2018.

Edit 3

There is now a suggestion on Microsoft's User Voice forum surrounding this feature. You can follow it here: Turn off message preview in notification toast

reelyard, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Question Windows showing past toast notifications again

Action Center is not showing past notifications

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you do not find the icons in the notification area.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Settings
    • Click on Settings, System
      and on Notifications and actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in notification area.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Question Windows showing past toast notifications again

1. Question Windows showing past toast notifications again - Similar Threads - Question showing past

2. How to trigger Windows Toast notifications ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to trigger Windows Toast notifications ?: Hi,I am looking for a way to acitvate the system toast notification for Windows Hello.As I understand it, it will only display three times to the user, if not configured, the notification will not display again.I would like to activate the notification as many times as...
  3. How to trigger Windows Toast notifications ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to trigger Windows Toast notifications ?: Hi,I am looking for a way to acitvate the system toast notification for Windows Hello.As I understand it, it will only display three times to the user, if not configured, the notification will not display again.I would like to activate the notification as many times as...
  4. New Windows Update toast notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows Update toast notification?: Hey, recently we have noticed the Windows Update Toast Notification changed the visual title to our/our customers company name. I can't recall seeing this change in any changelog or find anything online. I could not find any policy regarding the branding of the toast as...
  5. New Windows Update toast notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows Update toast notification?: Hey, recently we have noticed the Windows Update Toast Notification changed the visual title to our/our customers company name. I can't recall seeing this change in any changelog or find anything online. I could not find any policy regarding the branding of the toast as...
  6. Windows Toast Notifications Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Toast Notifications Issue: [ATTACH] Hi, First-time poster here so hoping this is the correct forum for this and I've followed the rules (I believe I have!) Would be very grateful for any assistance at all with this issue as it's driving my colleague and I up the wall currently. Description of issue...
  7. Change Notification Toast Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Notification Toast Location: I've scoured the internet to find a way to change the Notification Location for Windows 10. The closest thing I've found is this post: https://winaero.com/blog/move-notification-toasts-to-top-or-bottom-of-the-screen-in-windows-10/ However, since a certain Windows...
  8. Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area

Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area: My notifications have moved from bottom right to near top left. I have seen ways to restore them by using regedit to change one of the key settings, but why did this happen? Has there been an unwanted update? I'll leave the registry as it is for the moment in case there is...
  9. Windows 10 Toast notification

Windows 10 Toast notification: The details are simple: If anyone knows a way to move toast notifications without moving the taskbar (which by the way does not work all the time) then please let me know. It is so frustrating in borderless gaming and working at the office when the notification pops up in...
  10. Action Centre doesn't show notification toasts or sounds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Centre doesn't show notification toasts or sounds.: Hi, Since upgrading to Win10 I've noticed as in the title, my action centre won't play any sounds or toast banner notify me at all. When I get an email in gmail, I'll see the icon in the taskbar go white, but absolutely no sounds or anything. I've checked the settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to display Toast Notifications at Top Right win 10