Windows 10: [Question] Windows10 Factory Reset Issue (Bootloop)

Discus and support [Question] Windows10 Factory Reset Issue (Bootloop) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There was a problem resetting the computer. Now it doesn't start anymore. It was a bootloop. There is no second computer. What are your recommendations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ucansin77, Jun 13, 2020.

1. [Question] Windows10 Factory Reset Issue (Bootloop)

There was a problem resetting the computer. Now it doesn't start anymore. It was a bootloop. There is no second computer. What are your recommendations to solve this problem?

submitted by /u/Ucansin77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ucansin77, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Tankachoo Win User

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8.
    This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10.

Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it was released for free upgrades in 2015. It is now 2016 and I wanted to Factory Reset my PC so I can start fresh again. I attempted to do it from Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC as suggested by Microsoft but I received and error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." After searching the web I found many different fixes but they all seems so involved. Making a boot flash drive or burning a DVD and use their software... There is an awesome tutorial on this forum called Windows 10 Clean Install but I like to KISS when I can (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decided to check with Microsoft.com before I started that process.

THE SIMPLE FIX I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME:
    Go to: Windows 10
    Click the "Upgrade Now" button.
    Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
    Works with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simple enough for me [Question] Windows10 Factory Reset Issue (Bootloop) :)

I wasn't able to find this simple suggestion when searching the web so I felt I should post it in hopes it helps someone too [Question] Windows10 Factory Reset Issue (Bootloop) :)

-

Tankachoo, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Looping after factory reset

There is not much to do than again factory reset your computer.

Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery starts automatically if Windows will not startup. The recovery environment allows you to diagnose hardware issues, repair issues, back up files, and restore factory settings. You can start the recovery environment at any time.
    Verify the list of systems on which Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery is supported.

You should able to factory reset with Windows 10 Installation DVD. You can create Windows 10 installation DVD/USB with Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

FreeBooter, Jun 13, 2020
  4. [Question] Windows10 Factory Reset Issue (Bootloop)

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

[Question] Windows10 Factory Reset Issue (Bootloop)

1. [Question] Windows10 Factory Reset Issue (Bootloop) - Similar Threads - Question Windows10 Factory

2. Factory reset question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset question: Hello, I'm wondering if i factory reset my pc will it only reset the C: drive or the other drives like D: or E:? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-question/ab9b8823-1285-4961-8e78-df08d2f1e3f4
  3. Factory reset question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset question: Hello, I'm wondering if i factory reset my pc will it only reset the C: drive or the other drives like D: or E:? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-question/ab9b8823-1285-4961-8e78-df08d2f1e3f4
  4. Factory reset question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Factory Reset questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory Reset questions: I think I have some sort of virus(s?) on my computer that's messing with its performance and storage. I've been planning on getting a factory reset, but it gives me a lot of anxiety because I don't know where to start or what to do in terms of preparation. I play a lot of...
  6. Factory Reset Questions

Factory Reset Questions: I’m looking to factory reset due to potential viruses and wanting to clean my system overall, what will happen to my save games? like watch dogs saves or assassins creed saves, will it reset my games too? submitted by /u/JewishJah69 [link] [comments]...
  7. Question on factory reset

Question on factory reset: Hello everyone, I want to do a factory reset on my windows 10 pc, saving my personal files on a external storage. The problem is that i bought this pc years ago with windows 8.1 on it. Later i did the free upgrade to windows 10 as soon as it came out. Now my question is...
  8. Factory reset question

Factory reset question: Do I need to be connected to the internet for it to factory reset. I bought a laptop that, nitro 5. I'm not happy with it. And thats why I ask this. Last time I tried this it said problems trying factory reset and it did factory reset. submitted by /u/Shulk-skywalker...
  9. Factory Reset Question

Factory Reset Question: I bought my laptop with windows 8 on it, I later upgraded to windows 10, If i attempt a factory reset, which version will end up on the laptop after the reset? And is there anything alse I have to know about before attempting a factory reset? submitted by /u/julius_33...
  10. factory reset question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    factory reset question: I have a windows 7 laptop that was upgraded to 10 with free upgrade. I am selling it and i am wondering if i perform factory reset will it revert back to 7 or stay with 10?...