Windows 10: Questionable Startup Program not sure if its malicious

Discus and support Questionable Startup Program not sure if its malicious in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I found a weird application after going to task manager and looking at startup. Its called "Program" and its by a unidentified publisher. The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hamasak1, May 20, 2020.

1. Hamasak1 Win User

Questionable Startup Program not sure if its malicious

Hello,

I found a weird application after going to task manager and looking at startup. Its called "Program" and its by a unidentified publisher. The command line is also odd for it because its "C:\Program" Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

While others have this:

"C:\Program Files\Avast Software\Avast\AvLaunch.exe"

"C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steam.exe"

The quotation marks are in completely different places.

I can also go to the file location for all startup apps except for the SynTPEnh.exe one which is grayed out on the open file location and properties.

I also have two pictures to show what I mean.

Thanks

-R

Questionable Startup Program not sure if its malicious b7afd0b7-a756-4241-b48d-47e6562c9ca3?upload=true.png

Questionable Startup Program not sure if its malicious c0c594a0-16e4-4e6a-adc5-39cbe2a1d1a9?upload=true.png

:)

Hamasak1, May 20, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 20, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 20, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Questionable Startup Program not sure if its malicious - Similar Threads - Questionable Startup Program

2. making sure its you popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    making sure its you popup: Authenticity and safety of making sure its you popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-sure-its-you-popup/45256e90-7098-481d-89e8-543cb7919b1f
  3. making sure its you popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    making sure its you popup: Authenticity and safety of making sure its you popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-sure-its-you-popup/45256e90-7098-481d-89e8-543cb7919b1f
  4. pretty sure i have a malicious boot kit. It has changed the startup following bios to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pretty sure i have a malicious boot kit. It has changed the startup following bios to get...: i have located the MBR and checked the size of the 4 partitions. partition 1 is 2TB, while the other 3 are empty. My guess is the information to access the database is here.I have tried reset.I have tried MCT on a new hard drivemost recently i noticed my phone and tablet,...
  5. pretty sure i have a malicious boot kit. It has changed the startup following bios to get...

pretty sure i have a malicious boot kit. It has changed the startup following bios to get...: i have located the MBR and checked the size of the 4 partitions. partition 1 is 2TB, while the other 3 are empty. My guess is the information to access the database is here.I have tried reset.I have tried MCT on a new hard drivemost recently i noticed my phone and tablet,...
  6. Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...: Hello guys,I was wondering if anyone could help me... so recently i stumbled across this music visualizer program called SYQEL, i suspect they are doing something malicious.It claims to be an AI powered music visualization app, but when i downloaded it, it *barely* works, and...
  7. Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...

Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...: Hello guys,I was wondering if anyone could help me... so recently i stumbled across this music visualizer program called SYQEL, i suspect they are doing something malicious.It claims to be an AI powered music visualization app, but when i downloaded it, it *barely* works, and...
  8. Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. HELP: Programs keeps running on startup even if its disabled.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP: Programs keeps running on startup even if its disabled.: The programs that I have seen running on startup even if disabled are spotify, steam, and microsoft teams. I don't know if this is related but some programs such as ms teams disappeared from the startup management tab on the task manager. Any help would be appreciated,...
  10. Startup Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup Question: After installing the latest update my background and startup screens changed. I also can't find some of the files that I had. These are really no big deal but the real pain is that on startup I get a prompt that is making me enter my password and be connected to the...