Windows 10: Questions about bios updating

Discus and support Questions about bios updating in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone show me a detailed way to update my bios? [img] 59784 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yujinloh, Aug 10, 2016.

1. yujinloh Win User

Questions about bios updating

Can anyone show me a detailed way to update my bios?

Questions about bios updating [​IMG]

:)

yujinloh, Aug 10, 2016

2. Asus Q550LF: Questions about BIOS

Try this: ttps://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Contact your computer manufacturer to help you downgrade your BIOS.

MichealOrlando, Aug 10, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Asus Q550LF: Questions about BIOS

Why do you want to downgrade the BIOS?

What changes were made and by whom or what?

lacrumb, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Questions about bios updating

You will have to go to Acer's website for your computer, find the latest BIOS, and then follow their instructions.

DeaconFrost, Aug 10, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    Acer seems not to permit direct linking. Go to:

Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

group Desktop, series Aspire, products Aspire M3910.

The BIOS download is a .zip file. Inside it is a document that tells you several ways to update the BIOS. I guess that you need the Windows X64 method.

A warning: it is unlikely, but not impossible, that trying a BIOS update will render the machine unbootable. I think that the EEPROM chip that contains the BIOS is soldered to the motherboard, so fixing that may not be simple.

bobkn, Aug 10, 2016
  6. pbcopter Win User
    Why do you want to update your BIOS? Is there something your computer doesn't do that the a BIOS update indicates that it will fix?

pbcopter, Aug 11, 2016
  7. yujinloh Win User
    Done.updated my bios.Seems that im not i7 processor or linux os so i skipped the first two bios and installed the 3rd instead.

yujinloh, Aug 11, 2016
  8. yujinloh Win User

My computer has been experiencing system_service_exception error recently,all other drivers was updated but not the bios.
    So I want to update the bios as well.

yujinloh, Aug 11, 2016
  9. yujinloh Win User
    Thanks everybody for the help!

yujinloh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Questions about bios updating - Similar Threads - Questions bios updating

2. Look at details for questions it’s about bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    Look at details for questions it’s about bios: I really need help when I hold shift and click on restart then click advanced options then click UEFI Firmware Settings it doesn’t send me into bios instead it sends me into a page asking to select a language I click English then click the only other button reset and it just...
  3. Look at details for questions it’s about bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Look at details for questions it’s about bios: I really need help when I hold shift and click on restart then click advanced options then click UEFI Firmware Settings it doesn’t send me into bios instead it sends me into a page asking to select a language I click English then click the only other button reset and it just...
  4. Look at details for questions it’s about bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bios update question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios update question: Hello, I have noticed each time I have updated my bios it registered an additional device to my MS account. I am wondering why as I have not changed my hardware, just updated the motherboard bios. IS this the fault of the motherboard manufacture or is it how MS perceives a...
  6. Bios update question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios update question: Hello, I have noticed each time I have updated my bios it registered an additional device to my MS account. I am wondering why as I have not changed my hardware, just updated the motherboard bios. IS this the fault of the motherboard manufacture or is it how MS perceives a...
  7. Bios Update Questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios Update Questions: Dell xps 15 9550 Windows 10 Pro i5-6300hq processor 8gb ram 250gb ssd samsung hard drive. There is also a 32gb mini ssd hard drive that comes along with it? Im not sure how to explain this. But basically everything i download goes to my samsung ssd. I bought this laptop...
  8. Bios Update Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Bios Update Questions: Dell xps 15 9550 Windows 10 Pro i5-6300hq processor 8gb ram 250gb ssd samsung hard drive. There is also a 32gb mini ssd hard drive that comes along with it? Im not sure how to explain this. But basically everything i download goes to my samsung ssd. I bought this laptop...
  9. Question about drive setup in Bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about drive setup in Bios: Hi All, Opened Macrium Reflect this morning and just browsing around and noticed it had my M.2 SSD 250GB drive assigned to Disk 5. I opened Windows 10 Disk Management and noticed the M.2 drive was assigned to Disk 4. I failed to notice this when I first upgraded to all these...
  10. Question about drive setup in Bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about drive setup in Bios: Hi All, Opened Macrium Reflect this morning and just browsing around and noticed it had my M.2 SSD 250GB drive assigned to Disk 5. I opened Windows 10 Disk Management and noticed the M.2 drive was assigned to Disk 4. I failed to notice this when I first upgraded to all these...