Windows 10: Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts

Discus and support Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In the past, I was not very familiar with Microsoft Windows 10 reset settings or account deletion features. If something did not work properly with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jpolk1138, May 26, 2019.

1. jpolk1138 Win User

Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts

In the past, I was not very familiar with Microsoft Windows 10 reset settings or account deletion features. If something did not work properly with Windows 10 or if I wanted to start fresh, I would wipe my computer clean and create a new Microsoft account after re-installing Windows 10. I created new accounts without getting rid of the old accounts because of my unfamiliarity with Windows 10's reset and account removal features. However, as I have become more familiar with Windows 10, I have some questions that I wish to ask regarding the fates of my old accounts.

1. In the past, when I created a new Microsoft account after a fresh reset or re-installation of Windows 10, I re-entered both my full name and phone number. Is there a limit as to how many Microsoft accounts that I can register with using both my name and same phone number?

2. If I do not use my Microsoft account for a specific period of time, is it automatically deleted by Microsoft? If yes, how long after the account remains unused or inactive will it be deleted?

3. If there is a limit to how many Microsoft accounts that can use the same name and phone number and the accounts are deleted after a certain time frame due to inactivity by Microsoft, can I re-register with the same name and phone number on a new Microsoft account after the older accounts are deleted by Microsoft?

I am asking these questions in case I start a family in the future and create Microsoft accounts for my children and use my phone number on my children's accounts as a possible way to monitor and control their online activities.

Thanks.

:)

jpolk1138, May 26, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 26, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 26, 2019
  4. Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts

1. Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts - Similar Threads - Questions creation deletion

2. Question About Account Activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question About Account Activity: I can't seem to find where to send this question to Microsoft. I keep going in documentation loops so I'll post it here: I got an email recently that said there was a request for a code to sign into my account and I don't remember making that request. It said something like...
  3. Question About Account Activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question About Account Activity: I can't seem to find where to send this question to Microsoft. I keep going in documentation loops so I'll post it here: I got an email recently that said there was a request for a code to sign into my account and I don't remember making that request. It said something like...
  4. Question about deleting a partition.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about deleting a partition.: [ATTACH] For some reason MSI made two partition on the 500GB M.2 SSD on my GS65 (drive C for Windows and D for Data). I recently added a 1TB nvme to the laptop and was wondering if it was ok for me to delete Drive D so that there are only 2 partitions on my laptop. I'm not...
  5. Question about Windows Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows Creation Tool: So im getting a my first pc in a month and downloaded the Windows Creation Tool , My question is , immediatly after downloading my laptop shut down and had a "Press [ESC] to start up properly" or something like that is that supposed to happen? NOTE: i clicked that i want to...
  6. Microsoft Account Creation Process Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Account Creation Process Question: I have just done a reset of Windows 10 Home. During the reset process, Windows 10 updated to version 1909 or whatever is the most current version. I did a full reset where I had Windows clean out all of my personal files so I could start fresh with my computer needs. When...
  7. Specific Questions about Deleting Old User Accounts AND Their Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Specific Questions about Deleting Old User Accounts AND Their Files: Hey guys, I have very specific questions and will outline the scenario leading up to them. I created a new user account new admin due to previous user account corruption. I have two drives, C, and D. D is where my Documents, Videos etc libraries are. C is my boot and...
  8. Question about accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about accounts: What is the DefaultAppPool account folder for? 86363
  9. Two questions about the Media Creation Tool

Two questions about the Media Creation Tool: Good day all, Sorry if this has been answered before. Here are my questions: 1. When I use the Media Creation Tool from the official Microsoft link (https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/soft...5-8e96988880a4) will it download the Windows 10 ISO that includes the Anniversary...
  10. Question about media creation tool

Question about media creation tool: Hello guys. I have just downloaded media creation tool from MS. File version says 10.0.15063.0 Is this the correct version for CU? Can I download the ISO and upgrade my current Anniversary Update? 81291