Windows 10: Questions about doing a reset to my OEM Win 10

Discus and support Questions about doing a reset to my OEM Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi to all, first post here :) really need your advice. I was putting a different activation key in my ASUS zenbook equipped with Win 10 Home edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by naknir, Jun 7, 2019.

1. naknir Win User

Questions about doing a reset to my OEM Win 10

Hi to all, first post here Questions about doing a reset to my OEM Win 10 :) really need your advice.

I was putting a different activation key in my ASUS zenbook equipped with Win 10 Home edition OEM. Did a mistake by doing that, and it was apparently a win 10 enterprise edition key.

So now I have a non activated Windows 10, and can't return to my original Home activation, since I have no key of it (it's OEM).

How can I undo my mistake and return to the previous working state of my Windows 10, hence returning to the OEM activation of win 10 home edition I had?

Your help will by highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Nir.

:)

naknir, Jun 7, 2019

2. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Jun 7, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jun 7, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Questions about doing a reset to my OEM Win 10 - Similar Threads - Questions doing reset

2. A Question about OEM Product Keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question about OEM Product Keys.: Hello guys,I know that this might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.I am wondering about OEM Keys, hence the title of this thread. I am considering switching to blendOS, or Ubuntu. Linux Distros because I have fricked up my Windows 10 installation in...
  3. A Question about OEM Product Keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Question about OEM Product Keys.: Hello guys,I know that this might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.I am wondering about OEM Keys, hence the title of this thread. I am considering switching to blendOS, or Ubuntu. Linux Distros because I have fricked up my Windows 10 installation in...
  4. A Question about OEM Product Keys.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. About reset of win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About reset of win 10: Hello there,So now I'm running win 10 20H2 version soon I'm going to update that with a 21H update through the media creation file and in that I choose to reset everything. So I have a doubt regarding the network connection in between that. Does it require an ethernet...
  6. Questions about doing a reset to my OEM Win 10

Questions about doing a reset to my OEM Win 10: Hi to all, first post here :) really need your advice. I was putting a different activation key in my ASUS zenbook equipped with Win 10 Home edition OEM. Did a mistake by doing that, and it was apparently a win 10 enterprise edition key. So now I have a non activated...
  7. A question about Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about Win 10: I keep running into this thing called "Group Policy" when I am looking up a "how to do something" online. What is this "Group Policy" bit all about? Steve 131919
  8. Questions about Win 10 License

Questions about Win 10 License: I got 2 questions about Win 10 license.... 1) Is it cheaper to buy a Win 10 product key now or after July 29th? 2) I'm not able to find a Win 10 retail version. Does anyone know where to find one? 57528
  9. Some questions about Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Some questions about Win 10: I have Win 10 Home Single Language installed. There's a new Insider Preview build v 10565 available and Treshold 2 is coming out in November. Is there ever going to be a final version of Win 10. I've also read that MS will be coming out with "Redstone" next year. Will that...
  10. Questions about win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about win 10: Hello I am very old win 7 user, so after upgrade i make this steps and i wonder if i make it right I download windows 10 using the tool from Microsoft, and get ISO file, put it on USB using Microsoft USB, DVD tool and i start format my laptop and system partition...