Windows 10: Questions about doing Feature Updates

Discus and support Questions about doing Feature Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home (version 1803) and have questions about Features Updates. 1) I haven't received the Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sonicwind, Apr 29, 2019.

1. sonicwind Win User

Questions about doing Feature Updates

I have Windows 10 Home (version 1803) and have questions about Features Updates.

1) I haven't received the Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 yet. Does that mean it isn't compatible with my PC? I know it had delays. I'm hoping to give it a try in the coming days via the Update Assistant.

2) How much does Microsoft mess with current settings when you do a Feature Update? Is it necessary to check them all? Is there a way to backup and restore (just) them?

3) If you skip a Feature Update, when you do the following one, does it still include the changes/new features from the previous one?

I have fresh Macrium Restore images. Also, I use wushowhide to delay updates for a short time to make sure they aren't problematic for others.

Thank you for your time. I'm still new to Windows 10 (long time Win 7 user).

:)

sonicwind, Apr 29, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Apr 29, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Questions about doing Feature Updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Questions about doing Feature Updates - Similar Threads - Questions doing Feature

2. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  3. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  4. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wanted to ask a question about Feature update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wanted to ask a question about Feature update 2004: HI I just was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me when 2004 feature update would be out to the general public this month in May and possibly what week it might arrive in Windows update. Thanks for your time today....
  6. Quick question about uxthemepatcher in regards to feature updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question about uxthemepatcher in regards to feature updates: is it enough to just revert to a standard theme temporarily (since the blackscreen "bricking" seem to be related to windows keeping the themeselection that is now no longer compatible) or do i need to restore the dlls aswell ? submitted by /u/Scared-Rain [link] [comments]...
  7. Question about win10 security features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about win10 security features: Cheers! A simple question: Provided I have a PIN set during the setup of my win10 OS on my desktop, is there ever a situation where the OS requires me to type in my Microsoft account password also created during setup as the OS demanded it. If there is such a case, is there...
  8. Question About the New Feature Update (1909)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question About the New Feature Update (1909): [ATTACH] So, my PC managed to successfully update to Windows feature update 1909 (at least, that's what the update history said), but I noticed a couple of things and I just want to find clarifications. First is that I do not see any windows.old folder in my C drive....
  9. Questions about windows features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Questions about windows features: I have a few questions about windows features. What is ready boost and how does it work? What would happen if I have to replace the device that I am using for ready boost? Does windows warn me if a device I am using for ready boost is about to fail? Does windows warn me...
  10. Question About Feature Update Version 1709

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question About Feature Update Version 1709: I just noticed there's an update waiting for me to put in a time for it to be installed. It's the Feature Update Version 1709 for Windows 10. Is this a mandatory update, do I need it for security? I do very simple things on my computer and don't necessarily want anything...